Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,133   Online: 878

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keep in mind that Agfa is running a legal case against the Agfaphoto Holding on the license issue. So Lupus, who seemingly got their licences from Agfaphoto Holding, are legally in a fairly weak position.

(Agfa seems to take the position that Agfaphoto only was given the right to use the Agfa brand name to go on with the business taken over from Agfa in november 2004. Which would be be of no substance with the ending of production about a year later.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AgX;

We have 3 Agfa plants (Leverkusen (Agfa after WWII), Morstel (Gevaert merged with Agfa) and Orwo (Rejoined the flock? after the reunification of Germany in the 90s). And, two years have indeed passed. So, which Agfa formula/plant combination are we talking about producing which Agfa formula?

This becomes a very slippery slope to walk upon. In just the keeping alone, two years is a long time for some products and not for others and we cannot be sure of how some products were kept. I have stories of some master rolls getting TLC and others being given no special handling. I have reports of people with 'authentic' formulas and others recreating them from memory.

This is NOT a negative comment, as I could do the same for Kodak formulas, but the final result will have to be in the eyes of the customer. I feel it my obligation to point out that this may not be "Agfa" film, but none of us can tell for sure.

My wife bought some point and shoot films in the midwest that were filled with Agfa color film that took excellent pictures. The Agfa logo appeared nowhere except for the edge markings after processing.

Only time will tell.

Oh, and the Kodak plant still smells like a chemical plant.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    AgX;

We have 3 Agfa plants (Leverkusen (Agfa after WWII), Morstel (Gevaert merged with Agfa) and Orwo (Rejoined the flock? after the reunification of Germany in the 90s). And, two years have indeed passed. So, which Agfa formula/plant combination are we talking about producing which Agfa formula?

PE,

That's exactly the question. Here at Apug everyone uses the term Agfa as he likes at the very moment. For stock currently offered under the name Agfa I refer to anything coming from Mortsel. However, some of it has been produced up to Masterroll state or just to emulsion state in Leverkusen...

Concerning the AgfaPhoto brand: in that article ath has referred to above it is stated that the current Agfaphoto Vista films are not from the Leverkusen plant (AgfaPhoto), implying that they are not any kind of Agfa films at all.
    Last edited by AgX; 08-14-2007 at 07:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, I agree totally with you.

The problem is that the average APUG member does not know all of these facts and therefore can be misled. The final result can only be in the eyes of the discerning customer.

I leave it at that.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, without having read that article I would not thought about that either. (The Vista datasheets offered by Lupos look quite Agfa´ish though.)

Shooter
    35mm
    I just got the slides back, and wow, completely neutral and just a bit saturated colors. Amazing, its just the way I remember the scenes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin