Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 663

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Think it was region of 600 sheets cut 5x4 and 300 sheets QL5x4. About 10 pro packs 120.... which I no longer shoot!

Plan was to buy time - Fuji came up trumps quicker than I'd expected. Now I need you guys to buy the new stuff, so that they don't stop before I am ready to restock!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Baxter,

I use the Pro Pack 120 film in my Mamiya 7 II and my reducing backs (particularly my Horseman 6 X 12) for my 4 X 5. There are those times when working with the reducing back it is a lot less expensive with the 2:1 ratio and can be faster operation with the Mamiya 7 II.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was just thinking it's a bit sad that most of the big color shooters must have large stashes of the old velvia and can't really participate in the new release yet. I think if it were my main film I would have put a few hundred sheets into the ice box as well.

Fall colors will be here soon so the availability of the new velvia comes at the prefect time for me.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just ran out of the "original" 50 in August, which delayed my using the new emulsion a little but I was able to shoot Velvia 50 continuously. Like others I'm finding the new emulsion very close to the original though a little faster. I have to say though that in the last couple of years, whilst uncertain about the return of RVP and wondering how close it would be, I have used and learned a lot more about Provia 100F and Velvia 100 both of which I'll continue to use in specific circumstances because of their differing colour handling. I use to use possibly 90% Velvia 50 for colour work- I'm anticipating closer to 40% now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the info. My inventory is down to about seven packs, but my supplier still seems to be able to get the old stuff. I would be interested is buying anyone's stock of the old 120. I also plan to start shooting 4x5 veliva.

If you guys are rating the new stuff at 64, that will certainly change a few things for me. Perhaps the reciprocity factor won't be so great.

Garry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary,

No one that I know rates Velvia (original) or the new Velvia 50 at an ISO of 64. It is rated at either 40 or 50 for the old and 50 for the new.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rich
    That make more sense to me since I rate the old at 40 or 50 max and am generous on the reciprocity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin