Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,234   Online: 1043

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Images
    Did you set your aperture right? That is my usual mess up with my MF camera. I don't use a Kowa though. I can't tell you how many times I have metered for f16 and forgot the lens was on f8 or larger.

I tend to underexpose Provia by a half stop, but never had trouble with it at 100 .
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    System wouldn't let me edit the original post.
    I meant to say that I rate it at 200 & have it pushed half a stop.
    Then you might want to try the new Provia 400X.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Then you might want to try the new Provia 400X.
    I plan to try that film soon. I've been laying my hands on so much cheap Provia 100 recently that I need to use it up. But 400X is on the list. I've shot a few rolls of Fortia SP rated at 100 & pushed half a stop & got some rich colour. Not for the faint hearted or those who prize subtlety.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    I plan to try that film soon. I've been laying my hands on so much cheap Provia 100 recently that I need to use it up. But 400X is on the list. I've shot a few rolls of Fortia SP rated at 100 & pushed half a stop & got some rich colour. Not for the faint hearted or those who prize subtlety.
    I've got a few rolls I purchased for an upcoming trip to Australia next month. Looking forward to trying it out.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One additional thought on the original post. I sometimes see this problem with my F5 if I let the batteries get too low.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin