Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,388   Online: 833

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Years ago I used Agfa tranny film and loved the color. It's color temp seemed to be matched to my latitude. Kodak never came close. Now I am looking at trying the Agfa color paper for negatives. Has anyone ever tried it? Currently using Fuji Crystal and find it quite nice. It's cheaper than the yellow father so that's why I use it. Almost out of paper so now is a good time to try something new.

Thanks,

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Images
    I used literally miles it at one place that I worked but the negs were all studio spawned so I can't really make any critical comparisons.

-Neal
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Agfa Color *used* to be my favorite - until I experienced a *lot* of yellowing over time. I haven't used it recently, and to be fair, some of that could be from the RA4 chemicals. Back then I used a lot of Photocolor.... and be advised that I'm not sure that the chemicals had anything to do with it either.

For the last three or four years my color paper of choice has been Ilfocolor, and chemicals of choice are now JOBO/ Tetenal. JOBO went to Tetenal after Russell (which I liked *very much*) went out of business. Shelf life of the Tetenal Chemicals, using JOBOs "Protectan" has been excellent; they are easy to mix; and the results - all important - appear to be excellent.

Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used a lot of a paper agfa color about 2 years ago. I thought it was ok and very easy to use. I've switch to Ifocolor paper, mostly due to a very good deal I got on the paper. I must admit I prefer Fuji and Kodak's saturated/higher contrast papers (ultra and Crytstal Archive C) overall. I still have the Agfa prints and they look fine (no yellowing), but it has only been two years. I remember thinking that It might be a good match for Agfa Ultra and as I recall it wasn't.

Mr. Callow,

I use almost exclusively Agfa SignumII, I love it. It has a heavier hand than many papers and seems more durable. Also the satin finish is not so matte as to be dull. I have not yet tried the gloss as so far everyone has been requesting the satin finish.

I use Kodak for Radiance,R3 paper because besides Ilford, they are the only carriers and then only till Sept 2003 when it will be discontinued.

Anyway I think Agfa rocks.
    Embrace **it! **it. . .just another name for fertilizer. . . Grow baby Grow!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eric,

I use AGFA Signum II and Portrait. Both are excellent papers. Portrait is hardly one grade softer. Don't be irretated by the name "Portrait". It's merely a little softer Signum and excellent for landscape work, too.

I use occasionally SignumII (amongst others) for a slightly softer commercial feel and presentation. It has good keeping properties and is worth having in ones' 'arsenal' of materials.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin