Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,157   Online: 881

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    You just need IR "goggles" and an IR light source. That's how we process all the color film at Newlab here in San Francisco (except for EIR of course!)
    It could help if you give us the brand of IR goggles you are using at Newlab in San Francisco.

I want to make the good buy.

Thank You

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any nightvision goggles will work with IR illumination; they're designed in this manner so that they can be used with an IR light indoors or in total darkness.

Just make sure, as mentioned above, to use IR LEDs without any red or near-red (850nm or so) output.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your goal is simply to use IR goggles as an aid to loading reels, why would you need them in the first place? A little practice and you can do it as easily in total darkness as you can sighted. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for very little gain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For goggles : look at FJW Industries from Illinois, this is what I have, and as a light-source : the famous Kodak safe light lamp-house with a n° 11 filter (CAT 107 9326), works fine.

Good luck,

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin