Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,791   Online: 975

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Which Colour Films in Kodak Ready-Loads?

I have a Kodak Ready-load sheet-film holder which I use with Kodak 100TMX B/W film. I haven`t used any colour transparency films for a long while now and I am out of touch as to what is available.
    Which of the current Kodak Ektachrome films are available in Ready-loads and are any of these designed for specific applications, e.g; portraiture, pack-shots etc?
    Also, which colour negative films are available in Ready loads?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might check www.kodak.com. I use Ektachrome 100 EPP in readyloads because I got seven boxes of the stuff (slightly over date) for a song. Make sure you use the latest readyload holder with the black pressure plate. All the previous versions seem to be crap if you believe the comments on the www.
    If yours is not the last version, you can use a Polaroid 545 holder. It doesn't have a spring loaded pressure plate, but in my experience film flatness with this holder is not an issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    or try B&H for kodak ready load transparency film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Badger Graphic Sales has some fairly good prices on 4x5 Readyloads. You might also want to check EBAY, since there are a few camera stores that sell their short-dated films at quite a discount; this is an easier way to test an emulsion prior to buying a new box of it.

Current Kodak Readyload films include one colour negative choice, Portra 160VC, four daylight transparency choices, and one Tungsten transparency choice, in addition to B/W TMax 100. It is not that easy to find on the Kodak website, but a list of films is here.

I have used E100VS extensively, and really like the results. However, if you want something not that saturated, you might want to try E100G. The other choices are somewhat between those two in colour rendering and contrast.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBremerhaven View Post
    Badger Graphic Sales has some fairly good prices on 4x5 Readyloads. You might also want to check EBAY, since there are a few camera stores that sell their short-dated films at quite a discount; this is an easier way to test an emulsion prior to buying a new box of it.

Current Kodak Readyload films include one colour negative choice, Portra 160VC, four daylight transparency choices, and one Tungsten transparency choice, in addition to B/W TMax 100. It is not that easy to find on the Kodak website, but a list of films is here.

I have used E100VS extensively, and really like the results. However, if you want something not that saturated, you might want to try E100G. The other choices are somewhat between those two in colour rendering and contrast.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio
    Thanks for that link and also to the others who replied. I will probably try E100G out of the colour E-6 films available. I like Portra 160 C-41 film although I usually use the NC version, but I suspect that I will like the VC version too as this is all that`s available.
    For the record, I have the latest version of the Readyload holder and no problems with it so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seems there was a questionable batch of the latest Readyload holder, so if you have a good one, great to hold onto it. I am still using the previous model IIII, which has black pressure plate and red Kodak logo on it.

I did try out E100G, though my preference was more towards Fuji Astia 100F. It sort of depends upon what you want to photograph, though the two of these films are somewhat similar.

Question on your newer Readyload holder: does it have graflock slots on the edges? I ask because the newer Fuji Quickload holder has those, and I am working on a camera project.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin