Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,963   Online: 787

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    get a grip and buy some colour paper before they discontinue it

save RA4, as it is getting very close to extinction
    That's a little strong - RA4 is in use in all mini labs accross the world, printing from digital files and negs. And for uses such as exhibition prints from Chromira / Lambda printers - which are digital.

Do you mean Sheet packs are close to extinction? Fuji already killed sheet paper.

I agree that colour printing is straightforward.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    i dont know why people make a fuss over it, it takes me 20 min per 20x16 print and the cost 1 euro each in materials
    In complete seriousness, what materials do you use and where do you buy them? Last time I looked into doing color negative in my darkroom the price and shelf life of the chemicals is what killed it for me.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An 8x10 on Kodak paper and chemistry used one shot is approx 80 cents. A 16x20 costs 4x that. You can mix up the chemistry a liter or two at a time and fill the concentrate bottles with inert gas. A 1 or 2 liter soda bottle of working solution of dev or blix lasts approx two months at a minimum if you squeeze the air out. At 70ml of working solution per 8x10 in a Beseler drum, a liter of dev does 14 prints. You can reuse that same 70 ml to process four 2x5 test strips before you do the 8x10. Adorama sells everything you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All you need for colour printing is the hardware and:
    Kodak Ektacolor RA Paper Developer / Replinisher RT, 10 Liters. 8415580 24.95
    Kodak RA Bleach Fixer / Replenisher, 10 Liters. 8309031 24.95
    Kodak Supra Endura Resin Coated Color Enlarging Paper, 8x10,
    50 Sheets, Glossy, "F" Surface, for Prints from Color Negatives $26.95

Supply your own stop bath and water

Enjoy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin