Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,689   Online: 804

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Provia 100F 220 in UK?

Hi

I heard this morning from a usually reliable source that Fuji UK have discontinued 220 Provia 100F. I have the impression that this isn't because Fuji have stopped making it and it may indeed be available continuingly from other countries. I checked out with Fujifilm UK and after an extraordinarily degree of difficulty in reaching anyone at all beyond a receptionist (and even that wasn't easy) found someone who confirmed this. Whilst they didn't come across as the most cogent and knowledgeable source in the world they said that the decision was unique to Provia and would not affect availability of other emulsions in 220 rolls. But of course all these film are now made in discrete batches and so OOS at your favourite seller is probably a fact of life anyway.

So, outside of letting those interested know, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that actually has some 220 Provia 100F since I'd like to buy some. Alternatively has anyone experience of buying film outside the UK and shipping it in? Is it safe if I use my Fedex account; and economical ?

Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    David, I'm sorry to hear this. Though personally, I haven't used 220 rolls since I got rid of my Mamiya 6MF some years ago (regretted now). The Megaperls website currently lists Provia 220 and it comes out to ~£28.00 per 5-pack. I have bought sheet film from them without difficulty, either in the transaction or in delivery. Economical, er, no.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Doesn't look like this is especially significant for anyone but me , but I thought I might say that Mailshots (www.mailshots.co.uk) have arranged to be supplied from Germany and now have stocks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Henderson View Post
    Doesn't look like this is especially significant for anyone but me , but I thought I might say that Mailshots (www.mailshots.co.uk) have arranged to be supplied from Germany and now have stocks.
    Thanks for letting us know that Mailshots are switched on enough to respond to a customers requirements; it's good to hear.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin