Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,975   Online: 982

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Amazing deal - Calumet - E100G

I was in Calumet in Birmingham (UK) this morning and bought some packs of 5 rolls of E100G (120 roll) for £3.45+ VAT - that's right PER BOX OF 5!

It's in date, and in the fridge.

That has to be the most extraordinary deal ever?

I also believe the deal is throughout Calumet UK.

Matt.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Still $22.99 in the United States

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you sure this wasn't a mistake of some kind? That's about what many places charge for a single roll! Was it advertised as a great deal?

Congratulations regardless. E100G is a good film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did ask them to check - there was also a special offer notice on the door of the fridge.

I am considering going back and buying another 10 packs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hee hee. I got a stack of portra 160nc for £5 something for a 5 roll propack a couple of weeks ago.
    I might grab a few packs of this too...
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    Are you sure this wasn't a mistake of some kind? That's about what many places charge for a single roll! Was it advertised as a great deal?

Congratulations regardless. E100G is a good film.
    If it was Calumet UK have been making a lot of them recently. 120 Portra and 35mm Portra 160NC as well as the bulk rolls of Delta have all been at similar stupidly low prices which prompted me to do a Calumet order a month or so back.

David
    Last edited by dsullivan; 08-29-2007 at 08:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes - I also took advantage of the Portra 160NC deal in July.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Discpad View Post
    Still $22.99 in the United States
    If I have worked out the Calumet UK price properly its about 40p per roll or 80 U.S. cents and you are paying $22.99! Even if this is for a 5 pack its still the equivalent of $8 in the UK as compared to $23 U.S.

They stormed the Winterpalace in 1917 for less! Can't think of an appropriate quote from Karl Marx but the best one is from Mrs Marx." I wish Karl would write less about money and earn a little more of it"

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    It gets more mysterious. I just checked the website and it's shown at £13.85 per 5 pack. I also noticed EPP at £13.45. Forget to add the 1 to the price ticket which can happen and...

At 40p per roll it's got to be madness. Try buying at least 1000 packs and then e-bay here you come! It sound like the famous mistake that one of the big supermarkets made with banana sales. I think, until one enterprising customer demonstrated that if he bought enough he could eventually bankrupt them!

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin