Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,982   Posts: 1,632,938   Online: 1126
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Kodachrome 120

  1. #1
    RoBBo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    255
    Images
    8

    Kodachrome 120

    Found a little bundle of this on ebay, I was waiting to snatch it up relatively cheap and shoot it like a mad man.
    Until I realized there's no place I could get it processed...
    Sad day, I was so excited for that...
    Must have been beautiful.
    Anyways, I thought maybe someone here might be interested in it for some reason other than I was. So here it is.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007

  2. #2
    copake_ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NYC or Copake or Tucson
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    4,090
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBBo View Post
    Found a little bundle of this on ebay, I was waiting to snatch it up relatively cheap and shoot it like a mad man.
    Until I realized there's no place I could get it processed...
    Sad day, I was so excited for that...
    Must have been beautiful.
    Anyways, I thought maybe someone here might be interested in it for some reason other than I was. So here it is.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007
    Did you ask if Dwayne's could process it?

  3. #3
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,637
    Images
    20
    They don't. It can only be processed as B&W at this point, unless you're able to set up a K-14 hand line.

    One has to wonder why Dwayne's doesn't set up a line to process 120, like, twice a year or something and charge a lot of money for it. They could probably get a few people to pay $25 a roll for the service, which is what salvage processing usually goes for with obsolete processes.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  4. #4
    DBP
    DBP is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,895
    Images
    35
    Might be worth a quick call to these guys http://www.duggal.com/01photo.htm to see if they really do still process it, or just haven't updated their web site.

  5. #5
    Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    778
    Images
    39
    No point, Dwaynes is the only place left on earth that can process Kodachrome and they can't do 120.
    See here: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...S&pq-path=1147

  6. #6
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    24,183
    Images
    65
    Unless you do it by hand. The formulas are published, and it can be done.

    PE

  7. #7
    RoBBo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    255
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Unless you do it by hand. The formulas are published, and it can be done.

    PE
    I'm pretty ambitious with a lot of things, though unless you want to personally give me a hand...
    I think I'll have to pass on that for now.
    Maybe next year.

  8. #8
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    24,183
    Images
    65
    I've seen it done by hand.

    Other than the difficulty and expense in getting the couplers and mixing and a long process it isn't too hard.

    If you really want it, you will do it.

    PE

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,683
    Images
    92
    Hmmm...
    Kodachrome in 120
    Might be worth it!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    No point, Dwaynes is the only place left on earth that can process Kodachrome and they can't do 120.
    See here: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...S&pq-path=1147
    Dwaynes is the last Kodak authorized k-14 lab. That doesn't preclude unauthorized labs from doing it. If I'm not mistaken, there is also a Japanese lab that still does k-14.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin