Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,022   Online: 801

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

kodachrome 120 expression of intrest?

I'd like to point out that I was at Dwayne's Photo (the last lab in the world to process Kodachrome) on the last day they accepted film, and Dwayne himself told me that they tried to GIVE the machine away to multiple museums etc and everyone was interested until they found out how big the machine was, it's probably 25-30 FEET long, maybe 4 feet wide and at it's highest point 6 feet tall. It required 2 rooms, the dark room and then through a wall to a low light room.

Do you have this much space in your lab?

Also Dwayne (or his son) told me since they couldn't find a taker, they would be disassembling it and tossing it in the dumpster...

SOOO... This might prove to be the next Impossible Kodachrome Project... sad, I miss it so much..

~Stone

The Important Ones - Canon: AE-1, 1V | Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Mamiya: RZ67 Pro II, 7 II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Oh but I'll take any 120 (or 70mm if they made any, I don't know if they did) as I would like to shoot it as B&W and perhaps do some color experiments to try and get some of it to colorize, perhaps one of the dyes is easier to get to stick (probably blue since I THINK this one doesn't need darkness to attach).

Could be fun, but I'd need some frozen stuff, any givers??

~Stone

The Important Ones - Canon: AE-1, 1V | Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Mamiya: RZ67 Pro II, 7 II

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak ceased production of 120 Kodachrome in 1996 any existing films are at least sixteen years old.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Kodak ceased production of 120 Kodachrome in 1996 any existing films are at least sixteen years old.
    That's ok, I shoot 40 year old film, it's fun

~Stone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Offering the service for 35mm kodachrome would be great! I express great interest if you begun to offer this as a service, I would shoot some kodachrome just to have the experience, I felt I had missed out! D:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who would want to build a business opertunity on processing two films that are no longer manufactured ?, I wouldn't put my money into it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Five year old thread, Kodachrome dead, and people are getting excited....
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wtf I thought this was a new thread... Doh!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jm94 View Post
    Wtf I thought this was a new thread... Doh!
    Honestly, I did too, I've never even looked at the thread post timeframes haha whoops!

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, it is close to Halloween. THE ZOMBIE THREADS ARE RISING!
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin