Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,930   Posts: 1,522,187   Online: 1102
      
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121
  1. #111
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,927
    Images
    65
    IMHO, it would be more like $1000 - $2000 per roll to cover the costs alone.

    PE

  2. #112

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    IMHO, it would be more like $1000 - $2000 per roll to cover the costs alone.

    PE
    $2,000 for 250ml of chemicals? What, is it made from inkjet ink?!

  3. #113
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,019
    Images
    223

    kodachrome 120 expression of intrest?

    Quote Originally Posted by carpents View Post
    $2,000 for 250ml of chemicals? What, is it made from inkjet ink?!
    This deserves an old fashioned ROFLMAO!


    ~Stone

    The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #114

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    176
    Developing one roll is not a good way to show if this is feasible because it is just too costly to develop just one roll. The cost of $1000-$2000 per roll here, I guess, is mostly the set-up cost to get the process to be started.

    How about to give a 1000-roll price? I bet the market is greater than 1000 rolls (total to be developed). Just APUGers along could easily reach this number. I hope I am right on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    IMHO, it would be more like $1000 - $2000 per roll to cover the costs alone.

    PE

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington, the state
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,089
    Images
    16
    If you will bother to read through the other thread, the OP of this thread has stated that he has no interest in developing Kodachrome commercially.

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...ge-sydney.html
    Dave

    "She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

    It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

    From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

  6. #116
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,927
    Images
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    Developing one roll is not a good way to show if this is feasible because it is just too costly to develop just one roll. The cost of $1000-$2000 per roll here, I guess, is mostly the set-up cost to get the process to be started.

    How about to give a 1000-roll price? I bet the market is greater than 1000 rolls (total to be developed). Just APUGers along could easily reach this number. I hope I am right on this.
    The cost I gave is including custom making of the needed chemicals and the averagizing of the needed chemistry over several runs. I can send you details and let you do it if you wish. !!!

    PE

  7. #117
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,019
    Images
    223

    kodachrome 120 expression of intrest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The cost I gave is including custom making of the needed chemicals and the averagizing of the needed chemistry over several runs. I can send you details and let you do it if you wish. !!!

    PE
    How come you just don't create PEChrome

    Also, the word Chrome, was it originally meant for B&W which looks chrome, but when Kodachrome was converted from B&W to color, they kept the name? Since verichrome is also B&W it makes me think that's why and the word panaCHROMEatic was shortened to Pan and that's how it all happened?

    So the word chrome became associated with color and so they never change it?

    I'm young so it's just a guess... I never live through it


    ~Stone

    The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  8. #118
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    If you will bother to read through the other thread, the OP of this thread has stated that he has no interest in developing Kodachrome commercially.

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...ge-sydney.html

    He seems to have changed his mind by now:


    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...eveloping.html

  9. #119
    polyglot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,095
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Also, the word Chrome, was it originally meant for B&W which looks chrome, but when Kodachrome was converted from B&W to color, they kept the name? Since verichrome is also B&W it makes me think that's why and the word panaCHROMEatic was shortened to Pan and that's how it all happened?
    Chroma is derived from the Greek word for colour.

    Panchromatic means a B&W film is sensitive to all (pan) colours (chroma), as opposed to just blue which is what the earliest emulsions were. Orthochromatic can see blue+green but not red.

  10. #120
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Also, the word Chrome, was it originally meant for B&W which looks chrome, but when Kodachrome was converted from B&W to color, they kept the name? Since verichrome is also B&W it makes me think that's why and the word panaCHROMEatic was shortened to Pan and that's how it all happened?

    So the word chrome became associated with color and so they never change it?

    I'm young so it's just a guess... I never live through it


    -) "chrome" is derived from the Greek Chroma whiche means colour

    -) in some languages it is also written as "chrom"

    -) the suffix "-chrome" at the tradename of b&w-films hinted at them being spectrally sensitized

    -) but it was also used for those early natural-colour films like Autochrome and Kodachrome 1st.ed.

    -) "pan" or "panchro" refers to a spectrally sensitization that strectched beyond green and into red; "pan" meaning all-including

    -) later the suffix "-chrome" was used by Kodak to indicate in general colour reversal films

    -) this habit was taken over by german manufacturers, but with the suffix "-chrom"

    -) later that german ending was changed into "-chrome" too; ORWO were last to do so




    (a compilation by an old fart)
    Last edited by AgX; 11-06-2012 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin