Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,930   Posts: 1,522,187   Online: 1102

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IMHO, it would be more like $1000 - $2000 per roll to cover the costs alone.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    $2,000 for 250ml of chemicals? What, is it made from inkjet ink?!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

kodachrome 120 expression of intrest?

Quote Originally Posted by carpents View Post
    $2,000 for 250ml of chemicals? What, is it made from inkjet ink?!
    This deserves an old fashioned ROFLMAO!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Developing one roll is not a good way to show if this is feasible because it is just too costly to develop just one roll. The cost of $1000-$2000 per roll here, I guess, is mostly the set-up cost to get the process to be started.

How about to give a 1000-roll price? I bet the market is greater than 1000 rolls (total to be developed). Just APUGers along could easily reach this number. I hope I am right on this.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you will bother to read through the other thread, the OP of this thread has stated that he has no interest in developing Kodachrome commercially.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...ge-sydney.html
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    Developing one roll is not a good way to show if this is feasible because it is just too costly to develop just one roll. The cost of $1000-$2000 per roll here, I guess, is mostly the set-up cost to get the process to be started.

How about to give a 1000-roll price? I bet the market is greater than 1000 rolls (total to be developed). Just APUGers along could easily reach this number. I hope I am right on this.
    The cost I gave is including custom making of the needed chemicals and the averagizing of the needed chemistry over several runs. I can send you details and let you do it if you wish. !!!

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

kodachrome 120 expression of intrest?

The cost I gave is including custom making of the needed chemicals and the averagizing of the needed chemistry over several runs. I can send you details and let you do it if you wish. !!!

PE
    How come you just don't create PEChrome

Also, the word Chrome, was it originally meant for B&W which looks chrome, but when Kodachrome was converted from B&W to color, they kept the name? Since verichrome is also B&W it makes me think that's why and the word panaCHROMEatic was shortened to Pan and that's how it all happened?

So the word chrome became associated with color and so they never change it?

I'm young so it's just a guess... I never live through it

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    If you will bother to read through the other thread, the OP of this thread has stated that he has no interest in developing Kodachrome commercially.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...ge-sydney.html

He seems to have changed his mind by now:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...eveloping.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Also, the word Chrome, was it originally meant for B&W which looks chrome, but when Kodachrome was converted from B&W to color, they kept the name? Since verichrome is also B&W it makes me think that's why and the word panaCHROMEatic was shortened to Pan and that's how it all happened?
    Chroma is derived from the Greek word for colour.

Panchromatic means a B&W film is sensitive to all (pan) colours (chroma), as opposed to just blue which is what the earliest emulsions were. Orthochromatic can see blue+green but not red.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

So the word chrome became associated with color and so they never change it?

I'm young so it's just a guess... I never live through it

-) "chrome" is derived from the Greek Chroma whiche means colour

-) in some languages it is also written as "chrom"

-) the suffix "-chrome" at the tradename of b&w-films hinted at them being spectrally sensitized

-) but it was also used for those early natural-colour films like Autochrome and Kodachrome 1st.ed.

-) "pan" or "panchro" refers to a spectrally sensitization that strectched beyond green and into red; "pan" meaning all-including

-) later the suffix "-chrome" was used by Kodak to indicate in general colour reversal films

-) this habit was taken over by german manufacturers, but with the suffix "-chrom"

-) later that german ending was changed into "-chrome" too; ORWO were last to do so

(a compilation by an old fart)
    Last edited by AgX; 11-06-2012 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin