Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,068   Online: 1118

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    ^^^^
    This thread caught my eye as a K64 enthusiast, then I noticed that it's been dead for over a year
    So I guess it came to nothing...and in any event the 120 K64 films now remaining will have continued to deteriorate for another 12 months or even been binned as unusable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lab that I work for is in the process of moving--so all kinds of weird stuff is being unearthed. One thing that I found that I might post is a 4x5 trans (E-6) of the old Kodachrome machine we used to run (120 and 35mm.) It is an old advertising photo and has all the crazy color lighting that was hip at the time. The other thing I found was a binder full of 35mm slides of the install of that machine from beginning to end. Stupid passage of time....
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    I'm so tempted

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the machine that does 35mm & 120 Kodachrome:

http://www.mattosbornephotography.co...kodachrome.jpg
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    Here is the machine that does 35mm & 120 Kodachrome:

http://www.mattosbornephotography.co...kodachrome.jpg
    I love that sort of commercial photography - you just dont see it that good any more - at least I don't think you do - and neither does Bob Krist who used to do amazing corporate and commercial stuff - get his book "Secrets of lighting on location"

http://www.bobkrist.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, that was a shot for advertising our old Kodachrome line. I guess I should figure out who did the shot and at least credit them! Oooppss...
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm working out a process for Kodachrome to use on the remaining 120. In a month or so I'll probably have the first images.

If anyone's interested PM me and I'll get back to you when it's all worked out. This is not guaranteed at all in any way by me or anyone else; it's an at your own risk sort of thing. Prices will be determined by the final chemistry costs and how much of a PITA the final process works out to be. Estimated $30-50 a roll, less in quantity.

FYI it was discontinued in 1996, which would put final expiration dates in 1998 but I doubt there is much around from that late; velvia was working quite well by that point in time, and after all it was discontinued due to low demand. I bought a few rolls from 1989 from that auction on the bay and the guy said he'll sell me more if all goes well. It would not be relatively easy to get fresh film in this format from kodak, save that there's no demand for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    I'm working out a process for Kodachrome to use on the remaining 120. In a month or so I'll probably have the first images.

If anyone's interested PM me and I'll get back to you when it's all worked out. This is not guaranteed at all in any way by me or anyone else; it's an at your own risk sort of thing. Prices will be determined by the final chemistry costs and how much of a PITA the final process works out to be. Estimated $30-50 a roll, less in quantity.

FYI it was discontinued in 1996, which would put final expiration dates in 1998 but I doubt there is much around from that late; velvia was working quite well by that point in time, and after all it was discontinued due to low demand. I bought a few rolls from 1989 from that auction on the bay and the guy said he'll sell me more if all goes well. It would not be relatively easy to get fresh film in this format from kodak, save that there's no demand for it.
    It's a perfect example of a Catch-22, there isn't demand because there is no film, there is no film because of lack of demand. I don't know about processing though, if all of the film stock around has been expired for at least a decade, then it would probably be a short lived adventure.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Duh. Once it's gone it's gone.

Some people have a few rolls they're dieing to get processed. I'll run them for them, and then I can say I've done it and move on with my life. And for once I won't be losing buckets of money on my experimentations. I'll use the extra chemistry to develop my color separations which have been sitting around since last year sometime. The kit looked cool.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin