Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,041   Online: 883

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am NOT sending ANY film to be processed by someone who learned how to do it on an Internet forum.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-04-2009 at 03:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The special processing of outdated film would have to be handled by Dwaynes or the individual who attempts to do this. Using a generic B&W developer would probably not work. I would have to see what you intend doing and the formula to make even a guess.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I am NOT sending ANY film to be processed by someone who learned how to do it on an Internet forum.
    I'm going on the fact that nobody else CAN process it.

Shooter
    Medium Format

K-14 120 processing

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    This thread got a tad off track, is there anyone who will raise their hand in interest to having a new service launched which processes Kodachrome 120 format?
    Stephen; If you're willing to try it, I'm willing to buy it (the service, that is..)

I have a CASE of K120 in the deep freeze that I'd love to shoot.

let me know if this is still on the burner..

I KNOW it can be done, others have done it by hand. I'm even willing to try myself, but can't get the chemicals easily.

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ditto. I have a few unexposed PKR120 rolls in the freezer. They were bought very cheaply. I know someone who has offered to practically give away to me a few more PKR rolls they gave up using years ago.

I feel the cost of developing a test roll, even at the $50 suggested unit price, is worth it once proof of concept is presented to this forum, replete with detailed notes on tiberiustibz's path to getting there as well as processed frames- good, bad and ugly. It shouldn't be just a learning experience for him, but for anyone else interested. It means we're in this together.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just found some Kodachrome 120 in the bottom of a fridge and would be interested in trying it out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    Ditto. I have a few unexposed PKR120 rolls in the freezer. They were bought very cheaply. I know someone who has offered to practically give away to me a few more PKR rolls they gave up using years ago.

I feel the cost of developing a test roll, even at the $50 suggested unit price, is worth it once proof of concept is presented to this forum, replete with detailed notes on tiberiustibz's path to getting there as well as processed frames- good, bad and ugly. It shouldn't be just a learning experience for him, but for anyone else interested. It means we're in this together.
    $50 to intentionally process a roll of long expired film that isn't yet exposed, are you people insane? There are current 120 transparency films around, that can be processed for a reasonable cost, where you could purchase and process 3 rolls for less then $50. I don't know, I think trying to resurrect KR120 is just flogging a long dead and decomposed horse.

There are not that many rolls left around and when those are gone, it all becomes a moot point anyway.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Then they become valuable antiques and collectors items.

The Union Pacific Station in Whitefish MT has an antique photo materials display there. I would post some pictures but they are digital. Tsk. Shame on me, but that is what I had at the time. I was only doing snapshots, not serious work.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, some people blow $50 on lottery tickets each and every week. Sounds like a lot, but that's about $7 a day. It's their money.

Some people blow $50 on an overpriced dinner at an off-Michelin guide has-been just because at one time it was a swanky place. It's their money.

Some people blow $500 on a night of blow. But again, it's their money.

Some people gave $500,000 to a hedge fund that was a Ponzi scheme. I'm sounding like a broken record.

Some people even drop $80 on a single roll of EIR without blinking. And hrm, yeah.

I want the experience -- a once and probably only experience -- of shooting and seeing my own work in 120 Kodachrome splendour. It's as close to the vintage 4x5 sheets as I could ever hope. It'll be my money.

[Addition]:

Wogster, I shoot several different E-6 and b/w 120 + 220 rolls. I'll continue to shoot those as long as I can. One more thing: some people spend $5,000 on a DSLR setup only to replace it in a few years with the next great upgrade. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why when the price of one DSLR in that range would take hundreds of rolls of shooting and processing most emulsions to spend that much on film and processing.
    Last edited by accozzaglia; 01-19-2009 at 08:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: 120/220 bit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    Well, some people blow $50 on lottery tickets each and every week. Sounds like a lot, but that's about $7 a day. It's their money.

Some people blow $50 on an overpriced dinner at an off-Michelin guide has-been just because at one time it was a swanky place. It's their money.

Some people blow $500 on a night of blow. But again, it's their money.

Some people gave $500,000 to a hedge fund that was a Ponzi scheme. I'm sounding like a broken record.

Some people even drop $80 on a single roll of EIR without blinking. And hrm, yeah.

I want the experience -- a once and probably only experience -- of shooting and seeing my own work in 120 Kodachrome splendour. It's as close to the vintage 4x5 sheets as I could ever hope. It'll be my money.

[Addition]:

Wogster, I shoot several different E-6 and b/w 120 + 220 rolls. I'll continue to shoot those as long as I can. One more thing: some people spend $5,000 on a DSLR setup only to replace it in a few years with the next great upgrade. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why when the price of one DSLR in that range would take hundreds of rolls of shooting and processing most emulsions to spend that much on film and processing.
    Stupid people do stupid things with their money, that is true, what always amazes me is that the stupid people seem to be the ones who have the money in the first place.

I don't know, I think the whole Kodachrome 120 thing is taking on a religious tone, where people worship a film that hasn't been produced in decades, to try and get a photographic look that belongs in the middle half of the previous century. It's grainy, it's slow, the colours are over done, and all skin tones are treated the same, horribly (IMNSHO).
    I have never shot even a single roll of Kodachrome, I'd seen K25 slides, and I was not impressed when I started shooting slides, nothing I have seen since has changed my mind, and I quit shooting slides in 1982.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin