Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,064   Online: 995

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Using Photo-Flo in C-41 question and another question

I've just processed my first C-41 4x5 sheet films in my Jobo expert drum/Jobo CPP 2--(I've been doing B&W this way for a long time)--no local c-41 sheet film processing anymore and roll film is now every 2 weeks ( or when the lab has enough to bother with)--- Using the Tetenal kit at 100 F/38 C--the results are excellent less a few water spots --my questions--can I use photo-flo in the process (rinse?)/ stabilizer step OR can I use photo-flo in a rinse AFTER the stabilizer--in other words does it hurt anything to have the negatives in water after stabilizer ? I have several rolls of 120/220 that I plan to do later in the day as I have the chemicals ready to go so I'll ask you guys first !
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The stabliser has photoflo in it. That's why it's a freakin' pain in the butt to get back in the bottle (bubbles up EVERYWHERE).
    If you read the instructions with the Tetenal kit, you'd see they recommend mixing up the stabliser with distilled water if you get water spots.
    You can do the stabliser days/weeks after the developing and fixing and rinsing if you want (also says that in the instructions)
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    Pour the Stabilizer into a bowl about the size of your reels. Make sure bowl is deep enough for chemicals + film. Undo the film reel and plop film into the bowl of Stabilizer. You don't want get any stabilizer on your film reels and processing tanks. This is the last step. Slows you down as you have to do one roll at time in the Stabilizer. Helps if you use distilled water mixed with stabilizer.

Good luck

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The C-41 stabilizer contains Photo-Flo, a touch of formaldehyde, and for Fuji-Hunt's C41-RA version, some miconazole, which is an anti-fungal.

Heather is right about using distilled water, especially if your water supply has a lot of minerals in it.

Do NOT rinse the film off after it has been in the stabilizer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak's RA version contains no formalin, but does contain a proprietary stabilzing agent.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin