Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,328   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

tetenal c-41 doubt

hi,

I have bought a "tetenal colortec c-41 negative kit rapid", but there's no clear instructions about how often do I rotate the tank during the development in manual mode, I don't have any hobo proccessor.

thanks for your help in advance.

cheers!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just used the agitator stick and go as constantly as I can keep up for the 3min15seconds. A *j*obo processor is constantly rotating so that's why I try to just go for as constant as I can.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Voland,

The manual agitating procedure for use with small tanks is to be found in some of their tech sheets (at least in the German ones):

For E-6:

-) constantly for the first 15sec (1.dev, c-dev, blix)

-) one tilt-cycle every 15sec

For C-41:
    (They only state it for the tablet and powder kit, but should be apt for the liquid kits too)

-) constantly for the first 30sec (c-dev, blix)

-) one tilt-cycle every 15sec

Keep in mind it's not about a rotating maneuver but a `tilting the tank upside down and back´ cycle (like you most probably do when processing traditional b&w films).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I now use a Jobo for my C-41 - I find it much less hassle than inverting the tank by hand.

Before I got that, I used a small tank in a water bath, and inverted it once every 15 seconds. The results were as good as they are from the Jobo, but a lot more hassle
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks a lot for the information!
    I'll try one tilt-cycle every 15sec.

only one more question... do you use Stop bath before the Bleach Fix bath ? I think this is optional.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tetenal does not refer to a stop-bath in their C-41 processing schemes (E-6 employs rinse steps), but states in the text that for C-41 a stop-bath would give greater security against failures of the Blix, in case the latter should be re-used for a next run.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you use a stopbath, make sure it's at the same temperture as everything else (obviously) and keep it only for c-41. Don't mix it with your B&W stuff, just to be on the safe side.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    If you use a stop bath, be sure to give it a quick wash, especially if you use the "blix" (bleach-fix) hack.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    If you use a stopbath, make sure it's at the same temperture as everything else (obviously) and keep it only for c-41. Don't mix it with your B&W stuff, just to be on the safe side.
    Also, if you use a separate bleach & fix step, don't use the fix for B&W film after it has been used for color (C-41 or E-6), since contaminants (I forget which) will affect the longevity of the B&W film.

Tip of the hat to Photo Engineer, who gave me this warning last year.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I thought the fix for c-41 was a completely different chemical than for B&W fixing ... I don't know, I have blix which is scary red and i'd never use it for anything but its intended purpose.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin