Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,743   Online: 1007

Shooter
    Multi Format

Aristacolor Print 100 iso?

So who makes this? Any idea what it is?

Shooter
    35mm
    ferreria or something that sounds like that. Grainy, unsharp, poor colors.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    ferreria or something that sounds like that. Grainy, unsharp, poor colors.
    You probably mean Ferrania in Italy. I've no experience of Aristacolor nor do I know whether Ferrania make this film for Arista. But Ferrania are perfectly good films that are not grainy, unsharp or have poor colours. For reasons I don't understand it seems popular to continually bash Ferrania on this forum.

They don't pretend to be making a Portra type film or a film equivalent to Fuji's professional range but for general everyday colour photography they are perfectly good films (and better than the Lucky range). That's why many leading stores get them to make their own brand films. If Ferrania were rubbish that wouldn't happen. Wouldn't it be nice if we started to celebrate that Ferrania are still around or would we prefer them to disappear from the colour film market like Konica-Minolta and Agfaphoto?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin