Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,662   Online: 728

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks for the info! I hope that the new Velvia has reciprocity similar to that of Provia 100F. If this is the case, Velvia 100F could easily become my new favorite, as I've been wishing that Provia 100F had a bit more contrast and greater color-saturation.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't get it. The phrases, "brings the ultra-high-saturated color of Fujifilm's renowned Velvia", and "world-class color fidelity" appear in neighboring sentances.

Which is it, I wonder?

And the next paragraph sure is interesting:

U.S. Introduction of Instant, Peel-Apart Film for Professionals
    Fujifilm will introduce to the U.S. marketplace its professional instant color film FP-100C, which produces exceptional picture quality and excellent color reproduction. This ISO 100 instant color film, optimized for use under direct sunlight or electronic flash, produces prints with little to no gradation imbalance, from highlights to shadows, superior light fading characteristics and reduced color variations caused by elongated peeling time. Fujifilm will also introduce FP-100B, an EI 100 instant black and white film, and FP-3000B, an EI 3200 instant black and white film to the U.S.

New emulsions, just when I'd gotten Velvia and Provia development and printing pretty much dialed in....

Shooter
    Large Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (b.e.wilson @ Feb 21 2003, 08:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

New emulsions, just when I&#39;d gotten Velvia and Provia development and printing pretty much dialed in.... </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    It seems film manufacturers do this on purpose just to mess with people. Look at T Max and Kodak, just when everybody was comfortable and using TMX films. They go an change it.....typical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Voof... I just accessed that site and read ... most of it. Condensation: "We&#39;re bringing out a bunch of new `stuff&#39;".

Hmm... from the "hype" section:

"As a result of these technologies, the final product features vibrant skin tones (?), clear whites (??), sharp definition ( nah... I&#39;ll leave it alone), and [ is an accurate reflection of the photographer&#39;s original vision...]"

Oh, it is, is it? ... And just HOW do you guys know what my "original vision" was?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (b.e.wilson @ Feb 21 2003, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I don&#39;t get it. The phrases, "brings the ultra-high-saturated color of Fujifilm&#39;s renowned Velvia", and "world-class color fidelity" appear in neighboring sentances.
    </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    The color rendition of Velvia was never indisputable. Some like it some hate it and some other use it for certain applications.

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (b.e.wilson @ Feb 21 2003, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>New emulsions, just when I&#39;d gotten Velvia and Provia development and printing pretty much dialed in.... </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>

In this case, You are a little late to this ;-) Velvia has been introduced over 10 years ago. His replecement was actually overdue. It has been the oldest color film on market, except from Kodachrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ed Sukach @ Feb 21 2003, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Oh, it is, is it? ... And just HOW do you guys know what my &quot;original vision&quot; was? </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Well, it&#39;s hard for the marketing people of conventional photo stuff to keep up with the digitalists these days. We should be a little more lenient ;-)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tschmid @ Feb 21 2003, 12:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [In this case, You are a little late to this ;-) Velvia has been introduced over 10 years ago. His replecement was actually overdue. It has been the oldest color film on market, except from Kodachrome. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    True, but Velvia was introduced to photography before I was.

most of the above posters are being a bit "picky" and must keep in mind that most advertizing copy writers pay no heed to the truth and probably know very little about true phpotography.

The extra stop should help eliminate some of the reciprocity problems I often run into shooting Velvia. If all other characteristics are the same, then I will still religate it to limited use on total overcast days. Don&#39;t realy like it&#39;s color rendition, but do love it&#39;s contrast POP.
    Push your limits regularly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin