Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,801   Online: 823

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the heads up. I missed this post in time. So I wasn't able to find him at all doing a seach function, but after looking it up on Yahoo I found his old auctions. Contacted him and he may decide to sell some more. Now all I need is to find some of this film in 100 speed and all would be well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I missed this post in time. So I wasn't able to find him at all doing a seach function, but after looking it up on Yahoo I found his old auctions. Contacted him and he may decide to sell some more. Now all I need is to find some of this film in 100 speed and all would be well.
    No problem. He may be big enough to buy wholesale and make quite a big profit or he has found an ALDI supermarket in Spain whose prices are the same as or even better than the UK. That way he carries no stock and simply buys against e-bay orders but equally you get fresh stock. He may even make a little on the postage and packing.

I suspect that this is a little money spinning sideline for him if he can sell enough film. He could even be a Brit living in Spain. His name strikes me as the kind of thing a Brit would invent to appear to be a Spaniard. There are thousands there now.

All speculation on my part but I love trying to form an impression of what his source may be and what his connection with photography is. I must have read too many Raymond Chandler novels!

Anyway if I am right about his source, then unless Spanish ALDIs or its equivalent has access to VR100 he may be unable to supply. I've never seen 100 in the U.K. ALDI stores.

I'd be interested in his response to the question of obtaining VR100. If its NO or even YES but at an extra price it means that he has had to find another stockist and either answer would tend to suggest that I may be right about his current source.

Regards

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He put up another auction for me and I have bought 4 rolls from him. He told me there were no 100 films available. So if you have a source for the 100, let me know.

As for the seller- his name is Paul and the Ebay address is listed in the UK. Yet the auction said it was coming from Spain. So I don't know exactly what is going on with that, unless he has someone is Spain he's set this up with. All his auctions are listed in Spain, yet again his Ebay address is UK.

As for the film he is selling- they are two paks 36 exposure rolls dated 2009, so they are fresh.
    Last edited by braxus; 11-22-2007 at 12:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    He put up another auction for me and I have bought 4 rolls from him. He told me there were no 100 films available. So if you have a source for the 100, let me know.

As for the seller- his name is Paul and the Ebay address is listed in the UK. Yet the auction said it was coming from Spain. So I don't know exactly what is going on with that, unless he has someone is Spain he's set this up with. All his auctions are listed in Spain, yet again his Ebay address is UK.

As for the film he is selling- they are two paks 36 exposure rolls dated 2009, so they are fresh.
    It is a strange one. If he is in the U.K. then he can buy in the U.K. He may import from friends in Spain but unless they are arriving in the U.K on a very regular basis and thus carrying it in free of postage and packing, it means he bears the cost of having it sent to the UK from Spain and then re-posting to elsewhere, thereby losing a % of the extra profit on the cheaper price in Spain if it is cheaper there. I don't know the answer to the price of VR in Spain.

The postmark on your package will tell you about where posted. It goes without saying that in suggesting there are mysteries here, I am certainly not suggesting that this reflects there should be any concern about his integrity as a seller.

Intriguing though

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The auction says its coming from Spain. That's all I know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got another email from the same account and this one is from Pablo. I take it that its two people using the same account. One Paul and the other Pablo. How they work together in this setup I can't say, but it's probably safe to say one is dealing and the other is sending.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin