Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,317   Posts: 1,536,753   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Uh, ALL modern b/w films (with the exception of Efke/Adox) are multi-layer emulsions, certainly Tri-x and T-max films, all of Ilfords b/w films, Fuji Neopan films, Acros, etc., they are all multi-layer films, and all of these do just fine in Pyro type of developer solutions. I know, I have processed most of them myself in my own darkroom. Why would the Rollei R3 be any different in its reaction to Pyro? I can't see it. While one may need to use "special" developers to gain some of the "features" advertised for the R3 film, the fact is, if it is a silver-based emulsion it will work with Pyro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IMHO, when you're buying a roll of R3 you're paying for a lot more than you can get out of it with pyro. I don't think that you can get a dense negative with it, if it is what you're looking for, and my own tests with this developer didn't lead to anything useful, althought it was useable.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About that layer issue: A third party photochemist was asked about the usefullness of one of his developers (which worked very well on those films Phototone mentioned above) on the R3 and he replied that the layer structure of the R3 makes it different from other films regarding suitable developers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin