Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,086   Online: 937

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The Arista kit is not developer replenisher. That may make the difference.

The paper does not go down in contrast with age in my experience. I have made prints on Supra III that was 10 years old, and the only difference was about 20 red to correct for the cyan speed loss.

PE
    I forgot to mention that the film I used was refrigerated since I bought it, and expired in 2002. I noticed a slight amount of base fog in the negatives, which could be due to age or the somewhat unorthodox way I processed the film. I had bought a Unicolor dry powder C-41 kit from Freestyle, and was searching this forum for tips before mixing it up. I found your posts about the poor performance of C-41 blix, and started looking for an alternative with chems I had on hand, as I didn't want to order and wait for more chems to arrive at the time. Here's what I ended up with:

1. Develop with developer from Unicolor kit, 3:15
    2. PE's clearing stop bath with Acetic Acid and Sodium Sulfite, 2:00
    3. Rinse, 2:00
    4. Bleach with Ferricyanide/Bromide bleach, 6:30
    5. Rinse, 2:00
    6. Fix with Arista Premium Oderless Fixer, with 1/4 tsp Sodium Hydroxide added to raise PH to between 6 and 7, with universal PH test strips. 4:00
    7. Rinse in several changes of water, 10:00
    8. Stabilize

I guess I should be lucky I got any images at all with all the improvising I did. I plan to buy real C-41 fix in the future.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The film may have lost some contrast or become foggy. IDK. I can't tell. It looks like you did everything right.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin