Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,696   Online: 932

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

unperforated 35mm kodak colornegative

who has kodak 35mm unperforated portra 160 and 400 nc in stock? i need one long roll each for shipping to europe. i need it for use in lookaround panoramic camera. 18mm zeiss will show as if 12mm used horizontally equivalent in 24x36mm camera-wow. i will use 35mm, 28 , 18mm zeiss plus 24/2.0 and 24/2.8 vivitar m-42 with adaptor. later i will use pc-distagon 35mm and arsat pc 35mm. shift-tilt 35mm would be nice. infinite sharpness from very close to infinity with very open lens thanks to the fact that only small center part of lens is used.
    using perforated film could cause frictions. i will try them out anyway soon. see panphoto.com and my rotapancamera-film only forum at
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/pancams/start

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    ...,infinite sharpness from very close to infinity with very open lens thanks to the fact that only small center part of lens is used.
    What kind of camera are you using?

The typical panoramic camera of the swing-lens or the rotational type use the slit-scan technique, employing a slit aperture in front of the film. This uses a only small part of the light cone emerging from the lens. But this will not effect depth of focus.

Furthermore due to the different object distances, the relative movements of the images of staggered objects to the film can induce blur.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    the info about using the tilt-option of arsat shift/tilt should be obvious. on the lookaround and any other rotating pancam e.g.roundshot super 35mm.
    since only a small vertical center part of the lens is used, when tilting in the vertical axis depth-of field will execssively encreased without the need to stop down a lot. of course it must be tested. maybe a rs super 35-user has that affordabkle lens already. maybe it would be wise to discuss this isssue in panphoto-forum. i only need up 35mm film for my lookaround. btw: seitz( roundshot-producer once has the idea of a 28mm-camera with 35mm film(perforated and unperforated-there is a prototype image of the body) but them decided to offer a 220-version.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    i guess by using excessive tilt round objects(heads of persons etc.) will be distorted- egg-shaped. roundshot 65/70/220 and 65 el have its grandagons a bit tilted-to increase DOF-said seitz senior.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, among all those lenses I did not notice that tilt feature. Yes, now I understand what you are referring to, but still I think my second complaint on your idea could bring you into trouble.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin