Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,012   Online: 1046

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Large Format
    Boy, this all sounds like a nightmare. The beauty of a film processing monopoly? Apparently at least from
    'Dwayne's P.O.V.' I guess.

My $.02 for what it's worth. Call/contact Chrome in Washington DC. www.chromeimaging.com or 202.333.3270
    Other than The New Lab in SF, A&I or The Icon in LA, or BWC I would NOT trust my film with anyone else. All of
    these mentioned labs are great, and I've run my assignment film with all of them. However since Chrome is my
    'local' they get the bulk of my film. They do C-41, E-6 & B+W, and they can turn all but the B&W around in one day. B&W takes two.

In with FedEx, out with FedEx same day. I've NEVER had a problem and I'm running 100 rolls of 220, and 200/300 sheets
    4x5 per month plus the occassional 8x10 job.

Customer service is outstanding and they DO care. I've never used Dwayne's, and after reading the thread
    don't intend to. Chrome runs film for just about EVERY U.S. Govt. agency, the area pros, and pretty much
    everyone else.

Talk with Kris McCarthy or Kyle Steichen.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post

Ultimately, the problem rests at Fuji's doorstep - although I doubt they will be responsive.
    You are probably right - but then again they just might lean on Dwaynes to improve QC - after all I think they still have the option to send their business elsewhere. if no one complains to Fuji, they definitely wont be responsive.

Another thought - you might convince them to refund you for your mailers.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Then Fuji chose to exit the business line and outsource the contracted service to Dwayne's. Presumably, Fuji chose to do so under the expectation that Dwayne's would provide as good a service as had been the case when processed in-house.

- - - - -

For whatever reasons I purchased Fujichrome mailers and I did so with the expectation that Fuji would process them. We have a contract.
    I know you're a lawyer, George, and I know all I know about the law is from watching TV... but is that really the contract - that Fuji will process the film - or is the contract that your film will be processed if mailed in the pre-paid mailer?

I hate bait-and-switch as much as you do, but I've never been given my money back when a publisher to whoms magazine i susbcribe goes out of business and transfers my remaining subscription balance to another magazine I don't care to read.
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 12-04-2007 at 11:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Comments that would also suggest that I should just screw someone else by selling the mailers on eBay full well knowing that the buyer would get lousy processing!
    You sound offended... I had no intention to imply that you "screw" people. I simple meant that there appear to be plenty of folks who are getting satisfactory service from Dwaynes and might want to take them off of your hands. You're getting lousy service and you're making it well known; others have indicated that they are satisfied with the service they are receiving. That's all I meant... and I won't try to speak for anyone else.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin