Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,549,005   Online: 854

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

E6 negs sticky....why?

hi all,
    my brother is in vietnam. he has been there for 5 years. the E6 labs are closing daily. his last batch of E6 film he says is sticky. they are not wet. what is happening? does he need to rewash and restabilize?

thanks for the help.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is not unusual.

When I was in SEA all of my film and prints felt sticky due to the extreme heat and humiditity.

Washing will remove all fungus protection unless he re-stabilzes or uses a final rinse.

Besides, what is he doing touching his slides? He should only touch the cardboard. And slides, when stacked, don't touch due to the mount.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    thanks PE. the slides are not mounted. i do not know why he is touching them he says that the other slides are not this way. they are newly processed.

Ediie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I know is that this happened, mainly to prints and never to Kodachrome which is lacquered. Perhaps there was an error at the plant.

Whatever he does, he must not wash without treatment in some sort of stabilzer or final rinse to prevent growth of 'bugs' on his film.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe the sticky film wasn't stabilised properly, many stabilisers contain formaldehyde.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin