Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,019   Online: 771

Thread: PMZ from y2k

Shooter
    35mm

PMZ from y2k

Any chance its still good if it's been fridged? I was just gifted a boatload of the stuffand would usually test but I don't have that luxury before a photography day tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shoot it at half of the box speed, bracket toward over exposure and cross your fingers. With this film at that age the rebate will be dark, and the film will probably have lost some speed. Even in a freezer faster films will start to expose over time due to ambient radiation. Fresh, I wouldn't rate this film over 800 and would normally use it at ~400 -500.

Are they 120 rolls by some chance?
    If you don't use the film I am very interested in it. The film originally was not well regarded, but I've used it with great success rated at 100 and pull processed 2 stops. Grain becomes big and the contrast goes way down.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Shoot it at half of the box speed, bracket toward over exposure and cross your fingers. With this film at that age the rebate will be dark, and the film will probably have lost some speed. Even in a freezer faster films will start to expose over time due to ambient radiation. Fresh, I wouldn't rate this film over 800 and would normally use it at ~400 -500.

Are they 120 rolls by some chance?
    If you don't use the film I am very interested in it. The film originally was not well regarded, but I've used it with great success rated at 100 and pull processed 2 stops. Grain becomes big and the contrast goes way down.
    They are 120 rolls actually, I'll shoot one today and let you know how aged it is. If you're interested I also have some of the 400 version that I belive expired in 99 and some nhg that expired in 2000 as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck. My interest is only in the 1000 speed stuff. Let us know how it goes.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin