Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,009   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colour printing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post

The analyser is not going to be workable for contact printing, therefore meticulous recording is the way to go.
    The Jobo website actually used to have a guide for contact printing with their analyzers. It would be tough for 8x10. I guess if you had access to an 8x10 enlarger But you could use the same idea if you shoot a second shot with a smaller format on the same film.

Stick the smaller format into the enlarger. Focus and setup for 8x10 to match the contact print. Analyze. Then take out the smaller negative. Stick the contact frame on the baseboard and go. It should get you close. If it's not perfect you can adjust.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll add that I do my color printing at room temperature. I use a mix-it-yourself formula that I know PE has said is sub-optimal, but I'm satisfied with it, and it has the advantage of being adjustable for faster work at room temperature by the addition of some sodium hydroxide, so this is the variant I use.

I've considered the possibility of using a heating pad to raise the temperature of the developer in a tray to more traditional RA-4 temperatures (or at least a bit higher than the rather chilly room temperature I get in winter), but I haven't tried this yet. Any thoughts on this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin