Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,149   Online: 937

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Jed,
    actually it wasn't my idea, it was published on some local Internet site here and it is inspired by some commercial product (by Nova darkroom, not sure).

Should you decide to build something like that, I could send you some photos of it and give some practical tips.

I have been using it for about two years and am satisfied.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to own a custom color lab, and used a Kreonite dry to dry processor. Now, in my home darkroom I print primarily 20x24, and I use a Dev Tech temperature controlled drum processing system (I process at 95° for 45 seconds). If you can find a Dev Tech system used, they are much cheaper than Jobo (I got the smaller set up for 8x10-16x20 and the larger set up for 20x24, both for about $120 on ebay).

I taught my wife how to do the processing, and now I have the best of both worlds. I set up the processing in the kitchen, I expose the paper and put it in the drum in the darkroom, and my wife does the processing and print washing in the kitchen. I don't have a print dryer though. I squeegee the prints, and then hang them by the corners with clothes pins to dry. I use the smaller system to do test strips. Once I have the filtration and exposure values dialed in, we can knock out 6-8 20x24's per hour.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Both those systems sound pretty good - and very reasonably priced. I'm currently in talks with Will here, he is doing his best to figure out if we can ship his processor to Alaska - quite the challenge, but thankfully he seems able to meet any task! What a guy...
    ...anyway, if for some reason this doesn't work out, I'll probably be hitting you up for some plans. :-)
    Jed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin