Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,660   Online: 815

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E6 labs in Utah

Shooter
    4x5 Format

E6 labs in Utah

I just shot my first 10 sheets of E100 and am ready to have it processed. Can anyone recommend a lab in Utah that will do it? I found Snelson's in Springville, but they want $3.95 each. Is that reasonable? I've seen a few other labs online, and they're only charging ~$2.00 each.

Thanks.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My lab of choice is Borge Andersen's, www.borge.net
    They can do sheet film, but I don't know the price. I shoot 35 and MF film and a roll of 120 E6 is about $6.
    Take a look at the site and call them if you have any further questions.
    Good Luck!
    Brian
    There's a Utah forum in the regional section, if you weren't aware of that.
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Nichols in SLC. Great quality, great prices, and fast turn around, same day, usually. http://www.nicholsphotolab.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the replies.

I called around a little and found Photocraft in Orem. $2.00/sheet and 2hr turnaround. I think I'll give them a try.

Curtis

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would second Borge's place. His color accuracy is unsurpassed in Utah.

Photocraft has not had the best track record. I can't speak for every run, but I have had some issues in the past.

One man's opinion.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Unless you really need the turnaround time, I would suggest just using Calypso in Santa Cruz, CA.

I find it funny, and I don't mean you personally, but it seems like so many people here are so picky when it comes to how they develop their B&W, but are perfectly willing to send their transparencies off to any old lab. The E6 process is much more succeptible to processing variations, IMO, than B&W (I'm sure Ron can set me straight if I'm wrong). What I like about Calypso, besided the customer service, is that their process is continually monitored for quality - that means my slides will be properly processed and clean.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, I'm not really concerned about this first batch. I'm pretty sure I messed up the exposures anyway and didn't really want to pay $4.00/sheet to find out.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know anything about Photocraft, but both Borge and Nichols are top notch labs, and certainly aren't "any old lab"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I agree with Jason, they are top of the line labs and are certified. Borge checks his chemistry thrice daily to make sure he is spot on.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    And Curtis, if the lab is not consistent, how will you know if you are?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin