Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,493   Online: 973

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

First LF, now E6!

There's no end in sight!!!

I just developed my very first roll of color- Ektachrome elite 200. I shot it a few months back at the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event, and have been eager to develop it. But by the time I was out of my summer program, our local film lab had closed business!

So today I took initiative, went to the last camera shop in town, and bought the Kodak E6 kit. For $56, but it was worth the investment. Too bad they don't stock LF film...

I can't decide which part of my day has been more exciting, getting my driver's license or doing my first E6!

This stuff is addictive. I'm doing it in a small hand tank... and learned that instead of mixing the solutions as I go, I should mix up the part for a working solution BEFORE I start- that way I don't do what I did tonight and mess up concentrations. It's probably be easier just to concentrate on time and temperature instead of time, mixing and temperature!
    Vincent Purcell
    Lexington KY Photographer + Media Artist
    http://vincenttpurcell.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Didn't you read the warnings before subscribing to APUG?
    We don't take any responsibility for GAS, NAS, E6- or C41-addiction or whatever.
    Don't worry you'll find some LF E6 films somewhere.
    Good luck with the progress.
    Kind Regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    E6 in a hand tank? Do tell! This gives me hope of a decent turnaround time on my C-41 and E6 4x5 and 120. Now, to find the kits anywhere near me...

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cafeharrar View Post
    E6 in a hand tank? Do tell! This gives me hope of a decent turnaround time on my C-41 and E6 4x5 and 120. Now, to find the kits anywhere near me...

- Justin
    I do it that way since this year, also 120 and 4x5, "au bain marie" to keep the chems at temperature.

Greetings,
    Geert

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cafeharrar View Post

- Justin
    adorama will ship them to you.....it may take a bit of time. that is how i got mine.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, I tried another film this morning. I got up at 5:30 intending to go down to the river with my friend, but the sensible side (her) decided against it due to rain.

So I tried it again, this time with preparing all the solutions before hand at temperature... This made it MUCH less stressful... but still the slides seem darker than my slides I had processed elsewhere. I can also see a distinct magenta cast on them.

I'm think I need to fix them longer or something, maybe extend the bleaching time. I also note that when I look at the base side of the film, I can see a black/white-ish reflection that reminds me of a really dense BW film- causing me to believe the bleaching is incomplete.

I don't know why though-- and I eliminate the blix problem because I'm doing separated steps... Hm...
    Vincent Purcell
    Lexington KY Photographer + Media Artist
    http://vincenttpurcell.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin