Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 705

Shooter
    Multi Format

Old Velvia 50 vs New Velvia 50

Now that the new version has been out for a while, what are people noticing about it? How does it compare against the old version? From what I've read the only things people commented on were that the speed of the new version is a true 50 ISO film, not like 40 ISO for the old version. Which means if you liked the slight underexposure of the old film shot at 50 ISO, you'll shoot the new one at 64 ISO? Confused yet? Also from what I've read color is about the same, plus sharpness and grain are the same. Is there any comments on the above or anything to add? I still have a lot of the old stuff to shoot before I replace them, but just wanting to know what to expect with the new version before I start using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No idea, but I'm curious as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Expect what you've read and said...!

I too am shooting from my stockpile of original, but new stuff is reasurringly close

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin