Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,672   Online: 1093

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to pull open a very old thread but.....I have used them recently and I have been really impressed, especially for the price! It is no pro lab but is much, much better than I can go to a local pharmacy minilab and get. They still do 110 processing although it is not on the mailers any more. I sent in some 10 year old 110 film and looks like it was bought and shot yesterday. I was quite surprised.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    I have used Clark over the years and to paraphrase Forest Gump "Clark is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Some of the the work was very nice and other work was dreadful. I wouldn't use them for anything important. I'm lucky that I have a very good lab right in town. That's Livingston Camera in Livingston, NJ. I believe they accept mail order film too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suppose that is true. I too wouldn't use them for things important. I was give a couple of Lomo cameras as gifts and clark is the place that film goes....I wonder if York photo lab quality is different (although yes they are the same and have very close prices)

Shooter
    35mm
    They will never admit it. but York and Clark are the same company these days. Personally I have just about given up on York for my film developing. Over the last couple years their developing quality has gone straight to the latrine. They used to develop Black and white,E-6,C-41, and send out Kodachrome for developing. Now all they do is C-41, and as I said the quality just isn't what it used to be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    They will never admit it. but York and Clark are the same company these days. Personally I have just about given up on York for my film developing. Over the last couple years their developing quality has gone straight to the latrine. They used to develop Black and white,E-6,C-41, and send out Kodachrome for developing. Now all they do is C-41, and as I said the quality just isn't what it used to be.
    Ditto! I used to use both York and Clark religiously 20 years ago in the film hay days and they were fantastic. I decided to give Clark a shot last year and my experience was downright negative for several 35mm rolls. Turnaround was slow and prints were muddy. I even wrote to them about my dissatisfying experience. They were courteous in response and willing to re-do my prints, but I never sent them my negatives back. I was more upset about how my great memories of Clark's processing and quick service from years gone were ruined. Oh well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use to find very muddy prints but these very last few rolls that I look like I paid $15 for the processing. The back of the prints now says "xxxxx.jpg" and before it was different so perhaps they have a new way of printing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin