Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,230   Online: 816

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak Portra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact printing of 8x10 is the most common and cheaper than getting enlargements.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Interesting that it was about a year ago that Kodak did the "freebie" offer for the new Portra.

I'm coming to think it's a great film - as do a lot of others here. My usage is 135 and 120 (do they make it in 220?).

Guess they did a good thing with the promo and are starting to "reap the harvest".

Kudos to the Great Yellow Father. After a lot of "issues" with film folk here, I think the folks in Rochester truly deserve a "tip of the hat".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wasn't really a fan of the Kodak pro negative films and have used Reala and Fuji pro160c mostly.
    I have recently tried Kodak 100 and 400 in NC and VC and am very impressed with the neutral colours and flesh tones.
    This will be the film of choice for portraits, weddings etc. from now on..... or until Fuji trumps it again!
    Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Wasn't really a fan of the Kodak pro negative films and have used Reala and Fuji pro160c mostly.
    I have recently tried Kodak 100 and 400 in NC and VC and am very impressed with the neutral colours and flesh tones.
    This will be the film of choice for portraits, weddings etc. from now on..... or until Fuji trumps it again!
    Tony
    Yes!

Great challenge, Tony.

Isn't about time we got these two old war horses racing against each other again?

Kodak takes the lead; c'mon Fuji, show us what you can do.

It'd be great to see these companies trying to outdo each other with new film offerings.

We'd all be "winners" then!

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact printing of 8x10 is the most common and cheaper than getting enlargements.
    Thanks JD
    Cheaper is not all that bad.

jan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin