Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,844   Online: 1095

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

VALCOLOR 100 film from Spain

Hi,
    a friend of mine has a friend with a Minilab, and a Spanish tourist brought in VALCA VALCOLOR 100 3D Film for colour prints. The cassette indicates it is manufactured by Valca S.E. de Productos Fotograficos S.A. It is a C-41 DX film. I have never heard of this film before, does anyone know anything about it? And what does the '3D' mean?
    Thanks, Hal

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    3D is probably just a marketing phrase. such as "Lifelike color", etc.
    Any film is 3D if shot in a 3d camera that takes pairs of photos at once, for viewing with binocular viewers when processed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can say Valca was an spanish film manufacturer (they made their own films, it's not rebranded), however it has been years since they stopped making photographic film. They produced some radiographic film and graphics arts material (photolitographic film) until 1992. Not sure if the company still exists, but is inactive. The roll must be very old and outdated long ago.

They used to make a wide range of very good B&W paper in the 70s-80s.

As curiosity, there was another spanish film manufacturer "Negra", but as Valca they stopped manufacturing many years (decades, perhaps) ago.

If someone is interested I can provide a small and incomplete listing of products from both companies.
    Last edited by Jorge Orte Tudela; 11-12-2007 at 07:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the information. I guess it must have been an old film. I am attaching an image in case anyone is interested.

Regards,
    Hal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00795.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Negra from Barcelona were certainly around until the late 80's at least, because I have a lot of rolls of Negrapan 21 B & W film in 127, 126 & 110 sizes sitting in the freezer! They have a 1989 expiry date. I bought a lot as they were going cheap.

In the late 1990's, the UK store chain Jessops had 35mm B & W films made for them in Spain in ISO 100 and 400. These were marked made in Spain. The couple of rolls I have left have a 2000 expiry date so presumably Negra or Valco made these in the late 1990's.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From German literature (dated from 1996) I learned that

Valca produced under the name Valcolor from 1956-1968 a 14° DIN daylight CN-film based on the principle of the Agfacolor-type couplers. Later the name Valcolor was only used for rebranded colour films produced by other companies.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin