Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,229   Online: 983

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took another look at your formula. I think that the HQMS is too low. You might want to look at other formulas. I think you are using the HQ level instead of the HQMS. If so, it won't work right. IIRC the ration was about 10:1 HQMS to HQ. Something like that. Maybe it was 5:1.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I took another look at your formula. I think that the HQMS is too low. You might want to look at other formulas. I think you are using the HQ level instead of the HQMS. If so, it won't work right. IIRC the ration was about 10:1 HQMS to HQ. Something like that. Maybe it was 5:1.

PE
    D'oh, you're absolutely right. The HQMS should be in the 20g to 25g range, maybe more. I'll play around with it a little. Thanks for catching that for me.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This could be a long shot, but there is a wonderful Pharmacy/lab supply here in Milwaukee and the guy has never failed to procure a chemical for me. He got me DTPA when I was trying to homebrew Xtol (it works fine but now I am hooked on Tmax 400 in Pyrocat MC). The company is Laabs and you must ask for Brian. Tell him it is photo stuff, he was a B&W photographer and tell him I referred you. Phone 414 342 0145, ask for Brian in Chemicals...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    35mm
    High snapshot !!

Ahh, that formulation looks familiar... ,I,ve posted a very similar one a few weeks ago,
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/4...-assumend.html

And right, Hydroquinonemonosulphate has to be increased to 22- 24 g/Ltr. Watch out for the Phenidone, the 0,5g ammount I gave are only a approach. It schould be Dimezone-S in the region of about 1,4 g/Ltr. For the reason of the higher activity from normal Phenidone (A) a dose of 0,8g/ltr should be nearly equal. I've decided for 0,5 g/Ltr Phenidone because of the (desired) lowered gradiation...

Maybe you can call JD Photochemicals in Longeuil. Although Hydrochinonmonosulfate is not listed in her store http://www.jdphotochem.com/
    Mrs. Vrana is a VERY helpful person, maby she can get what you need. On top of this she do have nice prices, I've got a pound CD-4 from her last year and including shipping it from Canada to Germany it was cheaper than here...

Regards,
    Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    This could be a long shot, but there is a wonderful Pharmacy/lab supply here in Milwaukee and the guy has never failed to procure a chemical for me. He got me DTPA when I was trying to homebrew Xtol (it works fine but now I am hooked on Tmax 400 in Pyrocat MC). The company is Laabs and you must ask for Brian. Tell him it is photo stuff, he was a B&W photographer and tell him I referred you. Phone 414 342 0145, ask for Brian in Chemicals...Evan Clarke
    Thanks Evan, I'll give him a call.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan4u View Post
    High snapshot !!

Ahh, that formulation looks familiar... ,I,ve posted a very similar one a few weeks ago,
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/4...-assumend.html

And right, Hydroquinonemonosulphate has to be increased to 22- 24 g/Ltr. Watch out for the Phenidone, the 0,5g ammount I gave are only a approach. It schould be Dimezone-S in the region of about 1,4 g/Ltr. For the reason of the higher activity from normal Phenidone (A) a dose of 0,8g/ltr should be nearly equal. I've decided for 0,5 g/Ltr Phenidone because of the (desired) lowered gradiation...

Maybe you can call JD Photochemicals in Longeuil. Although Hydrochinonmonosulfate is not listed in her store http://www.jdphotochem.com/
    Mrs. Vrana is a VERY helpful person, maby she can get what you need. On top of this she do have nice prices, I've got a pound CD-4 from her last year and including shipping it from Canada to Germany it was cheaper than here...

Regards,
    Stefan
    Hi Stephan,

It's actually your formula, IIRC. Thanks for your hard work in developing it. I already spoke with Claire but she is unable to procure this chemical. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your hydroquinone monosulfate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at the formula by Dan Schwartz here and on his web site in what is probably that other thread. Dan's last version was very close.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With a nod of thanks to Evan Clarke, I spoke with Brian at Laabs and he was extremely helpful and polite. I can certainly recommend dealing with him. However, he was stumped as to a source for hydroquinone monosulphate. It looks like I might have to make the stuff and plan a trip to the library.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 11-14-2007 at 03:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I need some too, so I've contacted the Formulary. IDK if they can get it or not, but at least they know there is interest out there, so maybe they can find a new supply.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 11-14-2007 at 03:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I need some too, so I've called the Formulary. IDK if they can get it or not, but at least they know there is interest out there, so maybe they can find a new supply.

PE
    Would you be able to let us know if they get some in? I will order at least 1 lb of it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin