Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,596   Online: 1289

Shooter
    Multi Format

Calumet -- Low Inventory -- Backorders on Color Chemistry

Just to let you know...

I have made two orders to Calumet this month and both have had back-orders of color photochemistry.

In the first order about a month ago, I purchased 2 Tetenal C-41 press kits and a Kodak 1 Liter E-6 kit, in addition to a few 5 packs of 100 + 400 Portra and Velvia 100. The order process got all the way to the confirmation page before informing me the Kodak E6 kit would be back-ordered for 3 weeks!

Grrrrr....... OK, I can deal with that.

Now, I run out the C41 Tetenal chemistry, go back to the site, note that it "ships the same day" according to the web page, order 3 kits and come to find that one kit is back-ordered for 2-3 weeks when confirmation is sent!

Seems an awful shallow inventory for a National supplier to me...

Do yourself a favor; call and investigate BEFORE you design a project around chemical availability as reported by a web page.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, I am used to ordering my 4x5 Ektachrome EPP from Unique Photo, and up until this year, they always had it in stock, but now it seems that I am one of the last customers of theirs to regularly use it. They said they would keep a few boxes (less than 10) on hand but they just couldn't justify keeping more. Last few times I ordered they were out, and I had to scramble to get enough film for a job.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ordered the 5-liter Kodak E-6 kit from Adorama last week, it will be at my door in a couple days. It may be more expensive than the 1-liter kit, but it seems to be easily available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Ordered the 5-liter Kodak E-6 kit from Adorama last week, it will be at my door in a couple days. It may be more expensive than the 1-liter kit, but it seems to be easily available.
    Thanks Domaz, I just canceled my Calumet order and moved it over to Adorama and the Kodak 5 liter kit.

I like Calumet, but the delivery date just kept being slipped forward a week at a time and I can't wait any longer.

Guess I will go to Adorama if I need chemistry in the future.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The sto-fen omni bounce for my canon 580 EX is has been out of stock as well...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is par for the course at Calumet - things will go on backorder and remain backordered for a LONG time sometimes. Reminds me of when I used to work photo retail and Nikon would announce a new product - they would "sell out" before we could ever get the item, it would go on backorder, and we would have pissed off customers waiting for up to six months, sometimes more, to get things in. Meanwhile, B&H would get the item, and be able to keep it in stock.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin