Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,063   Online: 901

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ian,

I hope the attachments come out OK here - I've attached the documentation for the Fuji-Hunt C41 kit.

Pentaxuser - I'm afraid I can't say whether or not they come in a 1l kit; I have the 5l kit like rulnacco.

What I can say is that I've part-mixed the solutions (i.e. only mixed up 1l instead of 5l of working solution) and then covered the remaining solution with Protectan, and I've not seen any deleterious effects so far! As you can see from the scrawling, given the relative volumes of chemicals you need to mix, I came to the conclusion that mixing less than 1l at a time wasn't really practical.

(Edit: Err, sorry about the page orientations... How odd; as attached they are as they're scanned, but I rotated and resaved the files in Preview on't Mac before I uploaded them. If I reopen them from my desktop they open right way up! I guess Preview must save the rotation as metadata in the file rather than actually rotating them, and APUG's file uploader has stripped that... Bloody digital wotnots...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FujiHunt-C41-001.jpg   FujiHunt-C41-002.jpg   FujiHunt-C41-003.jpg   FujiHunt-C41-004.jpg  
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    35mm
    Many thanks for the scans - saved my bacon as I've got to get the negs processed by the weekend.

Cheers

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Tim thanks for info re the kit size. Where did you get yours? I thought I'd try and read the attachments to get a better idea of the kit but my neck wouldn't take the strain. So I tried to save them in My Documents. I got them there OK but when I tried to open one hoping I could then rotate 90 degrees there was nothing there.

What if anything do I need to do? I am Ned Ludd as far as computers are concerned.Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Pentaxuser - can't remember where I ordered the chemistry, but I get pretty much all my stuff from one of either Calumet (www.calumetphoto.co.uk), Firstcall (www.firstcallphotographic.co.uk) or Silverprint (www.silverprint.co.uk). Calumet can be rather arsey about shipping chemicals though (normally charging some kind of hazardous substances shipping premium that nobody else does,) so Firstcall or Silverprint are usually my first choice.

I'm afraid I can't help much with the rotating documents problem - I think you need a Windows expert! If you can open them as-they-are though, maybe you could try printing them out to read?
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey, want to apologise to those who had requested directions for the Fuji Hunt kit. I didn't check back on this thread 'til just now.

The 5-L kit is available at Process Supplies, even if it isn't listed on their site. (They have occasional items listed that are no longer in stock, and many items not listed that they actually carry. The best thing to do is ring them and they can tell you if they have something you want.)

You can reach them at:
    http://www.process-supplies.co.uk/
    13-25 Mount Pleasant, London, WC1X 0AR
    or on
    Telephone: 020 7837 2179

I'd call them; I've not had much luck in getting replies to e-mails. But they're nice folks to chat with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally used the Fuji C-41 kit on Friday evening to develop two rolls of Kodak 400NC; with good initial impressions from viewing the negatives.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Tom, can you tell me what agitation sequence you used in the developer stage?

The instructions seem to imply they only need a 30sec agitation followed by a 13sec, then another at the end.. didn't sound right to me.

Glad everything turned out alright!

Also in case anyone else comes across this in the future feel free to email me for a full res pdf of the Fuji Hunt X-Press Kit C41 processing instructions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ross,

I used a Jobo ATL-2300 rotary processor rather than hand agitation.

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tom Nice to hear you've had success.Where did you get the kit from and have you worked out what if anything can be done when replacement is needed in terms of avoiding a build up of certain constituents. Ideally you should be able to buy the constituent parts separately but it doesn't sound as if you can.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Correct processing for any color material includes a prewet to temper the tanks/drums properly with abrupt taps on the tank (the rotating drum does this) to dislodge bubbles.

After the developer is added, there should be 15" minimum of continuous agitation at the start and 10" of agitation every 30". With the rotating drum, follow the manufacturers instructions.

PE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin