Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,865   Online: 780

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got 3 films in the dryer at the moment, bringing my total to 8 rolls; so not really enough experience with this Fuji kit to make a long term judgement about solution replacement. However, I am using the chemicals in the Jobo on a one-shot basis, and so an equal number of films developed can be achieved; not ending up with either a surplus or a lack of solution.

I bought the kit a few months ago from Firstcall Photographic:

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...-kit-5-litres/

I expect to be able to use the kit for between 25 to 50 rolls on a one shot basis, or £1 to £0.50 per roll approx.

On the process: I used the standard C-41 process as detailed in the Jobo memory, giving 3.25 minutes developer, 6 minutes bleach, 1 minute wash, 6 minutes fix, 4 minutes wash, 1.5 minutes stabalizer (out of Jobo).

The Fujihunt instructions give 3.5 minutes as the wash time between bleach and fix.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom;

If the fix starts taking on a yellow or orange tint, then the wash between bleach and fix is not sufficient. That is the best judgement I can give.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I expect to be able to use the kit for between 25 to 50 rolls on a one shot basis, or £1 to £0.50 per roll approx.

On the process: I used the standard C-41 process as detailed in the Jobo memory, giving 3.25 minutes developer, 6 minutes bleach, 1 minute wash, 6 minutes fix, 4 minutes wash, 1.5 minutes stabalizer (out of Jobo).
    What chemical volume do you use for single-use?

Is the fuji kit designed for reuse like the Tetenal kits?

I'm thinking about switching to Fuji because (1) of the separate fix and bleach baths and (2) price.

I've only used Tetenal up to this point.

Is the Fuji kit hard to mix? For how long will mixed chemicals stay fresh?

CuS

Shooter
    35mm

Fuji C-41 Kit

is there anywhere in teh US that you can get that kit?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've just bought the Fuji kit; haven't tried it yet but I can answer some of the above questions from the instructions:
    - it's designed to be re-used, giving 80 rolls (120/135) of capacity from the 5L kit
    - mixing ought to be just a matter of syringes of concentrate into bottles of waters, I've seen references to people making up 0.5-1L (8-16 rolls worth) at a time
    - mixed developer keeping time in full stoppered bottles is stated as 8 weeks, less (6 weeks) in floating-lid tanks
    - bleach & fix should last for a year or more

I bought mine from Ag Photographic in the UK and I'm in AU so the shipping cost (along with lots of paper) sucked. Ought to be no more difficult to get it to the US than it is to here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin