Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,207   Online: 830

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Elite Chrome 400 availability

It looks like something's up with Kodak's amateur 400-speed reversal film. Does anyone know if it's being discontinued?

Elite Chrome 400 has not been listed on the B&H website for a few months. It is also absent from Adorama's and Freestyle's listings.

Ektachrome 400x, which I understood to be the pro version, is still listed in 35mm at all three retailers. That's interesting, since I thought it was being discontinued along with P1600 last year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen it everywhere I've looked.
    Helix here in Chicago has a ton of it short dated (03/08 IIRC) for like 4$, compared to what I'm used to seeing, 11$.
    What was P1600?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just call Kodak at 1-800-242-2424, ext. 19 and you'll know.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBBo View Post
    What was P1600?
    P1600 was Ektachrome EPH, a 400 ISO E-6 film with high D-Max designed to be pushed 2 stops.

As for Elite Chrome 400, it looks as if it could indeed be discontinued. There is a post in the Product Availability forum stating that Ektachrome 400x is discontinued. I presume that Elite Chrome 400 is the exact consumer version of EPL-400.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    I presume that Elite Chrome 400 is the exact consumer version of EPL-400.
    Sorry to revive this thread, but Elite Chrome 400 is the consumer version. It even has had the same film code for the past 35 years, since Ektachrome E-6 films were introduced in 1977. Back then, it was known as Ektachrome 400. (EL/5074)

-R

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin