Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,769   Online: 795

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Dave

I am hoping to separate colour negative film, cmyk , and use these films to print on aluminum or some very rigid surface that will not shrink in multiple hits. I want to use the k for basically the contrast and density in black and white and withe the cmy films in register over print colour pigment. My goal is to produce permanent colour prints that may/or maynot be totally real looking.
    I am working exclusevly in Lab and RGB and the possiblities I believe are endless.
    The good Amigos at Harmon with enough arm twisting will be my source of large rolls 30Inch FP4 which will be my film of choice.

Sandy is correct that I should be able to control the results well enough in my darkroom with trays, I am only concerened that if I was to make separations off the Lambda for other end alternative processes I would need a autosystem to give consistant results.

I did have a dip dunk 40x60 inch processor design and projected cost estimate. I am looking at over 100k to do this.
    If I ever hit it rich , maybe I would consider having the processor made, stranger things have happened in my life.
    I have a 40x30 flip top unit here in my shop to make these prints.

Anyways my post is starting to be too Hybrid so when I start making the films and making prints I will be posting the workflow over on Hybrid.com.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Bob,

I have picked up two 20X24 drums which I use for developing my 20X24 film
    Sandy
    Sandy,

How do you handle 7x17? Are you doing that format with rotary development? If so, must one customize a 16x20 or other size tank with dividers, clips, etc? Has anyone heard of a 7x17 tank?

After 30 years of tray developement, I decided to try some automation. The 11x14 is straightforward, but I'm stymied on the 7x17.

Glenn

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I answered my own question when I received a 16x20 Chromega drum complete with the 3 rod inserts and 6 clip-on film stops. The Chromega drum has multiple slots to receive the rods, and will hold 2 sheets of 7x17. The clip-on stops keep the film from sliding in the drum. I got this on fee-Bay and it came without instructions, so I had to guess at the solution volumes. I've used 400 ml, but this may be too much.
    Is anyone using a similar set-up for 7x17? Any help would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin