Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,309   Online: 1131

Thread: New Agfa film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

New Agfa film?

I had a new product come into the store today a man who shot on the following material

AGFAPHOTO 200iso color negative 110 film dated 2009. this material was brand spanking new and a damn nice film to print from. the colour was rich the grain was fine and comparing it to other 110 film types I have worked with it would be my colour film of preference for the 110 format..

I have scanned the box for all to see. There is a very interesting thing printed on the box as well which reads DESIGNED FOR POWERSHOVEL and then a very small text stating that Agfa-gevaert NV& co KG does not manufacture these products or provide any warranty or support.

http://www.powershovel.co.jp/en/works8.html

Anyhow there you go hehehehe....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails agfa.JPG  
    Last edited by Stephen Frizza; 12-20-2007 at 10:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    110? I thought 110 was dead; at least very ill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    well there it is....

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stephen,

that remark on that box would not seem that strange with my thread
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...agfa-dead.html
    in mind.

Not that long ago there was a film called “Agfa Vista 200”

Now there is a film called “AgfaPhoto Vista 200” marketed by a company, Lupus, seemingly related to AgfaPhoto. This film is given a datasheet identical to that of the Agfa Vista…

Your film is packaged in a different design but also called “AgfaPhoto Vista 200”. Thus most probably it is original Agfa/AgfaPhoto material. However Agfa did not manufacture this film as 110 type, which could mean that an Agfa/AgfaPhoto masterroll has been used for making this type.

But, to make things more complicated there is a reference on the net to an announcement by Lupus that they have made films for them by a company other than AgfaPhoto, which is out of manufacturing anyway.

With that outcome of that legal case anything will be possible...
    Last edited by AgX; 12-20-2007 at 05:33 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling of `Lupus´

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, this thread should be in the `colour forum´....

Shooter
    35mm
    Lupus Imaging is one of the companies that licensend the brand "Agfaphoto" after the demise of the original AgfaPhoto (a very short-lived split-off from the original Agfa, which should handle "consumer imaging" business).
    Lupus is not allowed to use "Agfa", because this brand still belongs to Agfa-Gevaert in Belgium; a company, that is still alive and kickin', and which produces microfilm and aerial film, among a lot of other great products.
    At the moment, Lupus is selling mostly original Agfa material, which was made in the last production runs in 2006. In the future, they can (and, I guess, they will) sell any type of 3rd party film as "AgfaPhoto". Just as other companies already sell junk digicams, junk memory cards, and junk batterys under the well regarded name of "AgfaPhoto".

Georg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That 110 format C-41 film is likely Ferrania sourced, if it is new stuff.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin