Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,928   Online: 959

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Color films for 5x7

What color films are currently available in the 5x7 sheet format, either negative or reversal? Is the new Velvia 50 among them? I'd rather not get involved with cutting down larger sheets if I can avoid it.
    Thanks,
    LJS

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsegil View Post
    What color films are currently available in the 5x7 sheet format, either negative or reversal? Is the new Velvia 50 among them? I'd rather not get involved with cutting down larger sheets if I can avoid it.
    Thanks,
    LJS
    Kodak makes Portra 160 VC in 5x7 and Ektachrome 64T in 13x18cm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought Kodak made NC as well I 5x7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji list Velvia 100F, and Pro 160S in 13x18 cm, packs of 10 sheets. But no info on formats in which the new Velvia will be available. Interestingly for some ULF photographers, they list Provia 100F in 11x14 inches, again in 10 sheet packs.

Whether you can find a stockist outside of Japan is another matter!
    Last edited by snallan; 12-23-2007 at 10:07 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Clarification
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Large Format
    AFAIK Kodak has now discontinued all color negative films in 5x7 other than by special order. They still make them in 13x18. Fuji does have 100F, 100, then new 50 and Provia available in 5x7 but they are not sold in North America, an internal Fuji decision. You can order them direct from Japan.

You can see my complete list of available 5x7/13x18 films at http://www.viewcamera.com/pdf/2006/5...8filmtable.pdf keep in mind that the chart is now nearly a year old and predates Kodak's discontinuing all color neg in 5x7 and the demise of Forte. I'll be updating it in the next couple and will add the Chinese films now entering the Western markets if I can get reliable information.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Ted,

Do you know if Fuji is selling the new Provia 400X in 4x5 in Japan? The rep at the PhotoPlus Expo a few weeks ago told me they were not going to make it because of slow sales; but what you just told me about 5x7; plus their penchant for Japan-only Fortia leads me to believe they do. Otherwise, it's Portra 400NC as the only 400 speed color film of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    ...Fuji does have 100F, 100, then new 50 and Provia available in 5x7 but they are not sold in North America, an internal Fuji decision. You can order them direct from Japan...
    6x45 Provia 400X, heavily cropped:

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Oops!

Oops! Here is the Provia 400X shot:

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sorry for the lengthy delay but I just saw the question .... I don't see a listing for 400x in any sheet film sizes ... only MF and 35mm, even in Japan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I mostly use velvia 100 in 5x7.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin