Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,945   Online: 919

Shooter
    Medium Format

4x5 C-41 film processing availability question

I am trying to locate a film processing firm that will process 4x5" C-41 color negative films.
    I live in Salisbury, Maryland on the eastern shore. The closest large cities are Dover and Wilmington Delaware, Annapolis and Baltimore Maryland and Washington D.C. Next closest is New York City.
    It has been 16 years since I've exposed a large format color negative. At that time and those previous, I just drove to the film processor and handed the customer service representative my holders, they would have the empty holders ready for me when I got back from having breakfast. Alas, I no longer have the luxury of having a professional film processor near by.
    MY 1st QUESTION: Can someone please tell me of a large format C-41 processor closest to where I live.
    MY 2nd Question: How do you folks send your film off for processing? Do you send it in the film holders / double dark slides? Do you send it in the film boxes that the film was purchased in? I really don't fancy the idea of sending my film holders to the processor. And I don't have any spare film boxes that are empty to send the exposed film in. Is there another way of packaging the exposed film to send to the processor?
    Happy holidays to all,
    with thanks,
    Sam H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If all else fails, you can consider mailing to A&I in Hollywood - the last (to the best of my knowledge) LF C-41 processing in our fair city.

I wouldn't mail a holder. I stopped leaving holders at processing labs after I lost a couple (honest mistake, but it established a hard-and-fast rule for me.) I put my film in an old film box (3-part) and put small pieces of sticky tape to hold it closed.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Samuel,

I use LTI in NYC. I know its not terribly close but they are great guys and do great work.
    The site is www.ltiny.com

I also drop my film off in the 3 part 4x5 box.

Best
    ian
    -ian mazursky nyc
    www.prepressexpress.com PrePress for photographers.
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i use L&I in NYC. i send them a 3 part box. good and the price is right.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Hotton View Post
    I
    MY 2nd Question: How do you folks send your film off for processing? Do you send it in the film holders / double dark slides? Do you send it in the film boxes that the film was purchased in? I really don't fancy the idea of sending my film holders to the processor. And I don't have any spare film boxes that are empty to send the exposed film in.

Sam H.
    If you can find a local place that will process 4x5, they'll often have spare film boxes they'll give you to deliver your film in.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sam

Send your film to Chrome, it's a great custom lab in Washington DC. They do a LOT of business by mail, their prices are reasonable, the runs are VERY clean and you can't beat their customer service. Contact Kris McCarthy or Kyle Steichen, @ 202.333.3270 www.chromeimaging.com
    Their client list is extensive and should put to rest any fears over quality of processing.

You can send them your film holders, if you need boxes they could (most likely WOULD) send you empty ones to return to them full of un-run film.

Or you can contact me, I'll send you some empty boxes. I have plenty.

Best

Robb

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Hotton View Post
    I am trying to locate a film processing firm that will process 4x5" C-41 color negative films.
    I live in Salisbury, Maryland on the eastern shore. The closest large cities are Dover and Wilmington Delaware, Annapolis and Baltimore Maryland and Washington D.C. Next closest is New York City.
    It has been 16 years since I've exposed a large format color negative. At that time and those previous, I just drove to the film processor and handed the customer service representative my holders, they would have the empty holders ready for me when I got back from having breakfast. Alas, I no longer have the luxury of having a professional film processor near by.
    MY 1st QUESTION: Can someone please tell me of a large format C-41 processor closest to where I live.
    MY 2nd Question: How do you folks send your film off for processing? Do you send it in the film holders / double dark slides? Do you send it in the film boxes that the film was purchased in? I really don't fancy the idea of sending my film holders to the processor. And I don't have any spare film boxes that are empty to send the exposed film in. Is there another way of packaging the exposed film to send to the processor?
    Happy holidays to all,
    with thanks,
    Sam H.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin