Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,599   Online: 896

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the info - I acquired some chemicals where the developer was shot.

I've had some success with Dektol 1:1 and ~1/4 tsp hypo/liter. The print is a bit duller than I'd expect, but that may be due to me trying a new process :-) Difficult for me to tell what is my fault, the fault of older paper and what is the fault of the developer mix. As noted above, dektol without the hypo introduces a yellow shift I found hard to correct for. I'll be doing more extensive testing in the upcoming months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Bob,

Does your discussion and apparent usage of an alternative developer imply not all ILFOCHROME process solutions are used at the same rate, or simply that one component has a short shelf life?

Tom
    Sorry I didn't see this post before - Part B of the developer has a shorter shelf life - it contains the main developing agents, the part A and C of the developer contain mostly modifiers that help tune the chemistry for propere color balance etc.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is the sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate or anhydrous form?
    Thanks
    darragh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darragh View Post
    Is the sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate or anhydrous form?
    Thanks
    darragh
    Both can be used, you have just to convert masses; but if they are speaking "about" and "teaspoons", there's not so much difference.

If they speak about "crystals", then it's probably pentahydrate. To convert it to anhydrous form, divide the mass by 1.57, or if you want to convert anhydrous mass to pentahydrate mass, multiple by 1.57.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin