Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,816   Online: 989

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa Optima Prestige 400 & II

What was the difference between Agfa Optima Prestige 400 & Optima II 400?

Thanks,
    Brad

Shooter
    35mm
    High Brad !!

Not absolutley sure, but the Optima II "prestige" Film seems to be improved versus former emulsions (must have been the end of the evolution by Agfa made Films)...
    The spectral sensity is slightly different and color rendering more precise. This (and propably more) calles "Eye vision" and workes quite well, you will have a very neutral but never boring, well saturated color palette. The last Development step was called "Eye Vision III"

If desired I can sendt you a german PDF (1998 and 2003) of the agfa prof. films

Please dont't forget these Films are out of production for a couple of years, but proper stored / chilled they will be great.

Here I found some more, looks like advertising, but at least in english language...
    Agfa Optima II Prestige 400 ASA 120
    Agfa Optima films are now provided with Agfa EYE VISION TECHNOLOGY in all sensitivity classes (ISO 100, 200, 400) for more precise color reproduction. With these professional films you therefore profit from the technology which has already been introduced for Agfa Vista films. The new films with this technology show colors as in life even with difficult subjects. Agfa EYE VISION TECHNOLOGY offers benefits in particular in the case of photos taken under fluorescent light and light from neon tubes and low-energy bulbs. The new Optima 100, 200 and 400 films meet the challenge of this type of illumination without a green tinge. But also certain blue flowers and green textile dyes are reproduced in a more natural way. In addition, films with Agfa EYE VISION TECHNOLOGY are characterized by improvements in gradations of color tone in the red range. This means that pictures exhibit more relief and depth

Regards,
    Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Agfa Optima II 100 ISO and think it's a great film. I have quite a number of rolls in the freezer. If I could find the 400 speed version, I would buy a bunch. I guess I'll have to live with the newly released 400 ISO Portra film.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin