Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,016   Online: 685

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Motion film

Shooter
    35mm
    I think there is a IN or IP film that doesn't have ramjet backing ASA 6, extremely fine grain. It may be special and you may have to order a 2,000ft roll. I'm working on film and was looking up different stocks used in post-production a month a ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Motion picture film is lower in contrast than any normal camera film and so it gives images that are not completely satisfactory unless printed properly. In addition, Vision needs a special process.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay I'm totally wrong, It's only in print film without ramjet. That's pretty useless for traditional looking color prints through analog printing. But there is a Ramjet backed IN film that you could use that is tungsten based ASA 6. Can't beat that for sharpness.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have shot Motion picture film through a still camera it was some Fuji stock. Don't have to worry about camera scratches on the base side. Cost's more to process than c-41 for such short lengths.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I have purchesed Fuji MP film in the past from Fuji in London they have told me that they will package any emulsion of your choice into 35mm canisters for testing - this is what directors of photography will do - to get the full effect it has to be printed onto print film for projection. Process is ECN-2 - so you need a motion picture lab for this - and the printing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A friend of mine has been throwing in 16mm vision2 stocks into her Holga for the fun of it - three strips next to each other... bit of a jumble in there with the lack of a pressure plate and the tension otherwise caused by the dark-felt-thingy-bit of a 35mm canister - worked out, convinced the local cine lab to process it for her - not sure what is happening with the prints though ...

There's the new Vision3 also in case you hadn't heard
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I managed to win two 400' rolls of Ilford FP4+ movie film a few years ago. About the only difference I can notice is the sprocket holes are slightly rounded. What would b&w negative film be used for in 35mm movie cameras?

wtf is remjet?

Rick.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is motion picture film higher resolution? or is that just marketing blurb.

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel;

Motion picture film generally has higher latitude, more sharpness and finer grain than consumer films. This is usually due to the fact that the latest generation in technology goes into MoPic first before into still films due to the demands placed on it in terms of magnification. The latitude is required for making prints and for SFX, but the other factors relate to projected quality.

Therefore the 2 electron sensitization went into Vision first. It is now used in Portra.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It would be interesting to know opinions of those who used to use vision or eterna films in still cameras. Kodak has very nice images on its website. I'm just not sure whether the results worth the troubles of finding and developing motion picture films.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin