Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,217   Online: 1046

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Motion film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I'm not familiar with DLT. Perhaps I know it under another name. And due to a heavy schedule here on the DVD work, I have not had a chance to read up on the new Vision, only talk about it with friends. But, since a new series of Portra films were introduced about the same time, I would say that except for latitude, the still and MP films should be similar about now.

There are teams still working on all color films except Kodachrome. There are also teams working on B&W films.

PE
    DLT is the advanced Dye Layering Technology which uses 2 kind of sensitizing dye in one emulsion to extend the spectral sensitivity of silver halide grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sbelyaev View Post
    May be you can post some images one day?
    Few hours ago I ordered 200 feet of Vision2 250d from the same place (out of curiosity). Only $43 with Fedex. It looks like no one has experience with this films. It is not too expensive to experiment (except for development at A&I). Actually 200 feet might be too much for me, so if anyone is interested we can share the film.
    Anything under 200ft gets thrown away on shoots so you typically won't see anything much shorter than that at the recycler places. When i was a loader, i'd bring home whatever i wanted but 5274 looked the best for landscapes with a 85 filter of course. When this strike is over, i'll be able to get short ends again if anyone is really interested. Most jobs only shoot vision2 500t, 250D, and vision2 200t.
    vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelyboy View Post
    DLT is the advanced Dye Layering Technology which uses 2 kind of sensitizing dye in one emulsion to extend the spectral sensitivity of silver halide grain.
    Well, there was double layer technology as well.

DLT is not uncommon. "J" aggregation is one type of DLT know for years. It is used in the red layer of Kodachrome. Usually it is one type of dye, but several can be used if done properly.

This is then a combination of 2 electron sensitization and DLT. Nothing new, but a combination of old to get synergy I would guess.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Well, there was double layer technology as well.

DLT is not uncommon. "J" aggregation is one type of DLT know for years. It is used in the red layer of Kodachrome. Usually it is one type of dye, but several can be used if done properly.

This is then a combination of 2 electron sensitization and DLT. Nothing new, but a combination of old to get synergy I would guess.

PE

Oh I see. PE you are so knowledgeable!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    A and I bought RGB color labs machinery and set it up last year. The prices are much higher than RBG's were but the set photographer demand for it isn't there anymore. We're lucky to have anyone that'll do it anywhere! They sell rolls of kodak and fuji stocks too. The latitude of the vision stocks is very wide and those films printed on paper have a nice look that's just different.
    bottom of the page........http://www.aandi.com/film_pro2.htm#mp
    So that's what happened to RGB! Around 1992 I switched most of my shooting to whatever color neg was Freestyle inexpensive, then have RGB turn it into slides on Vericolor "slide print" film. 5022? Prints optional. I lived not too far away. (One of the advantages of living in LA, the photo industry.)

I did that for several years after moving to Colorado and then fell out of doing much photography for awhile. When I was mentally ramping back up recently, looking at current materials and options, I was disappointed to see that RGB was history. Dale offers some similar work, but the pricing, ouch!

I liked color neg to slide, but now I'm putzing with color neg to.....digital.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...0&ppuser=11675
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...4&ppuser=11675

Please don't ask me how it was done, I didn't do that but the prolab did who doesn't tell me how he had done. I only know he chemically removed the back layer, not mechanically.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Los Angeles & collected a roll of motion picture film that I left with A&I before I went to Mexico. One nice thing that I wasn't expecting was that I got back the strip of neg along with a strip of positive film printed from the neg. Looks great. Apparently this is the standard service. I've bought another 10 rolls but will be posting them from Sydney from now on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin