Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,473   Posts: 1,570,974   Online: 818

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

"King Size" 126 film

Hi
    I have a roll of "King Size" 126 color print film. It looks to be 20-30 years old, but no indication of which process (C-22 or C-41). Called Film Rescue, they can process but can't tell what process it is. Any ideas?
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by msage View Post
    Hi
    I have a roll of "King Size" 126 color print film. It looks to be 20-30 years old, but no indication of which process (C-22 or C-41). Called Film Rescue, they can process but can't tell what process it is. Any ideas?
    Michael
    20 years old c-41, 30, c-41, any date? There maybe a date on the paper backing. Has the film been exposed?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    20 years old c-41, 30, c-41, any date? There maybe a date on the paper backing. Has the film been exposed?
    Hi Paul
    The film has been advanced so is most likely exposed. I am hesitant to open the cassette as it is not my film. I will get the ok to check the paper backing for any info. Thanks
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would have to be at least 35 years old to be C-22. It is most likely C41 film.

There was a chain of photo labs in Canada called King Size Photo at the time. I can't recall if they had their own film or not. Of course, if your film is of quasi-American origin there may have been a separate shop or chain on your side of the 49th parallel.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    It would have to be at least 35 years old to be C-22. It is most likely C41 film.

There was a chain of photo labs in Canada called King Size Photo at the time. I can't recall if they had their own film or not. Of course, if your film is of quasi-American origin there may have been a separate shop or chain on your side of the 49th parallel.
    It was sold through King Size Photo of Everett, Wa. A little south of the 49th parallel.
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everett isn't exactly far from Canada, so maybe it was the same chain.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The big 126 film was discontinued before the Instamatic size came into being. That would be over 40 years ago, and the film would be C-22 or even an earlier process. There was a rapidly changing series of Kodacolors at that time. The very early stuff was just called Kodacolor and had a box with red, green, and blue narrow stripes on it near the size marking. Kodacolor-X was the last of the C-22 films, as I remember.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    The big 126 film was discontinued before the Instamatic size came into being. That would be over 40 years ago, and the film would be C-22 or even an earlier process. There was a rapidly changing series of Kodacolors at that time. The very early stuff was just called Kodacolor and had a box with red, green, and blue narrow stripes on it near the size marking. Kodacolor-X was the last of the C-22 films, as I remember.
    126 was around well into the 1990's at least, which would make it C-41. I believe that the Instamatic camera came two sizes, 110 and 126. I am sure that 126 size was C-22 and later, C-41. Both were plastic cartage films.
    Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    126 was roll film; 127 was instamatic.

The only 127 did was E4 but it may have changed to later formats.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    126 was roll film; 127 was instamatic.

The only 127 did was E4 but it may have changed to later formats.
    Sorry you have that backwards. 126 is Instamatic and 127 is roll. As I post this I am looking at both.
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin