Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,921   Online: 894

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy22 View Post
    Hi Gerhard,

I due my C-41 in A Jobo ATL 1000 with Kodak Flexicolor Deveolper. I buy it in 1 gallon packs. There is 3 parts, A,B,&C that get mixed with water. I find this very easy to work with. A gallon is about $9 from Adorama but shipping is kind of expensive. I have thought about testing out the LORR version of this stuff in the Jobo because it seems it is much cheaper and you can buy it in units (5 gallons). I just mixed up a gallon today and ran 2 rolls of 220. I run a 220 roll of c41 film in a 2523 small tank and use 350 ml. So far it has worked out very well.

Jamie
    Most of the Kodak C41 kits/gallon container of bleach have been discontinued. For my Jobo CPP2 I have been advised by Kodak technical support to use their C41 SM tank developer #1756337 (6x2L) and C41 SM tank bleach #8824690 (2x 2.7L). The gallon jug of fixer, #1693837, is still available as is the wetting/stabilizer. A problem is cost of shipping: my supplier insists I have to pay a $20 hazmat fee per each carton plus $20 shipping unless there is a large order which can be trucked-that is apparently the only way to avoid hazmat charges, other than picking up the products in person. Also, if you find a 60 minute lab that is willing to sell you some of the C41 SM products that might be a less expensive solution

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AMBYSTOMA View Post
    A problem is cost of shipping: my supplier insists I have to pay a $20 hazmat fee per each carton plus $20 shipping unless there is a large order which can be trucked
    A vendor that is sensitive to the small customer MIGHT find a way to repackage the developer and bleach into one largish carton for shipment. In any case, I was not aware of a Hazmat charge per carton, just per shipment. I don't think the fix requires a hazmat charge. If you are going to pay a hazmat charge for bleach, it might pay you to get a larger quantity, as much as can be shipped in one carton, as this chemical keeps forever, particularly before mixing up into working solution.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've just started to use a second-hand ATL-1500 that i picked up for a small fee ($500). I got two Tetenal packs for my supplied; one E6 and one C41.

Could someone maybe tell me what minimum quantity of chemicals is, if you develop six rolls of 120 in the large drum?

Also, is it possible to reuse the chemicals? How about mixing one liter, and reuse it maybe three times before throwing it away?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reuse of chemistry is not recommended. Some what harder to do with the ATL 1500 anyway. The maximum rolls of 120 possible to process in largest drum that fits the ATL 1500 is 3 no matter what chemistry you use. I use Kodak Flexicolor and its perfect every time but I only use chemistry as a one shot only type system. I fill the bottles up to the top and run 3 120 films with no problems at all. Thats 700ml of chemistry to run 3 rolls of 120 color neg (c-41).

Jamie
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My manual states that it is possible to pull up two 120 on one reel, enabling the possibility to run six 120 rolls in one go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are correct you can put up to 2 120 films on each reel phisically. I have only tried that a few times and found it more of a hassle than it is worth, besides 700 hundred ml of chemistry is not enough to develop 6 rolls properly in my experience. C-41 chemistry is fairly cheap compared to sending it to a lab where I live. Doing it in the JOBO is my only alternative for processing 4x5 sheet film in my area. I can run 12 4x5 sheets in the ATL1500 at once. This works well. Good luck with your Jobo, I love mine. Keep your eyes out for spare parts or junked Jobos, parts from omega satter which is who jobo sells parts through in the US is very expensive.

Jamie
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin