Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,413   Online: 966

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be careful about basement price films, because some of them are actually just old tech films that do not have as much punch as the recent ones. In Canada, there is a 2$/roll Kodak film called Kodak Color Plus, which is some kind of Kodacolor II film, and it just sucks in terms of saturation. Better look at Gold for cheap and saturated.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The new Kodak Portra VC films do a good job of producing vivid color. Kodak Gold 100 and 200 are also excellent films for this purpose, with a slightly different look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmiec View Post
    wait i just found kodak 100uc and 400uc does anyone have any experience with this film?
    I've used both of these films extensively, and they are excellent. The colors are vivid, but not overdone. 100UC is especially nice - extremely fine grained and well balanced. I think the new Portra VC series may give somewhat more vivid color.

Shooter
    35mm

Vivid color negative

You might try Ferrania Solaris. It comes in 100, 400, and 800 ISO speeds. Freestyle sells it under their Arista label here in the States. It has saturated colors, high contrast, and a bit more grain than either Kodak or Fuji equivalents. It also has a warm color rendition.

$g

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can probably still get some Agfa Ultra 100 if you look on ebay, esp german ebay. last time I looked, a few months back it was easy to buy bricks of it, some in date. It´s a very nice film for vivid colour.

Images
    Are you looking for saturated or Callowesque? Cross processing is going to give you the most vivid unreal colors.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    The Portra 160VC has some very nicely punched-up color. It's definitely Kodak's most color-saturated film since the UltraColor series. I just shot some in my new Diana+ and was very happy with the results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin