Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1155

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

need a vivid color negative film

i am looking for a color neg film that has extremely overdone colors.i tried agfa ultra 50(i think)back in the day and i hated how intense the colors were.well of course that film would be perfect for a project i have in mind.is there anything out there similar to this.or a film that can be processed a certain way.maybe cross processed??? is there any ultra 50 around?

wait i just found kodak 100uc and 400uc does anyone have any experience with this film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a roll of 100UC I haven't shot yet...I'm curious about it too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd say Porta 160VC (vivid color) or Fuji Reala
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak UC 100 and UC 400 if you can still find it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Finland (no, that's not where the polar bears live)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Kodak UC 100 and UC 400 if you can still find it.

Steve
    I bought couple of rolls these too but I have not developed any yet. In europe they are named Kodak EliteColor 200 and 400. I think they are discontinued in 120 format, but in 135 they are still available?

--
    Regards,
    timppa

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    It depends on what do you want to shoot and get. Cross processed slides give really oversaturated colors, but usually the skin tone gets unnatural. For shooting people I would use E100 Plus.

Search on the web can be misleading as most xprocess pics seem to be made by lomographers who like the heavy color cast (usually greenish), which in fact can be corrected. I have a lot of xprocessed prints and none look like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ektachrome E200 cross-processed can give very nice results, and "normal" colors if you spend some time tweaking the balance. I've managed to get clean whites and pleasing colors, except that they were cranked to 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. Very grainy, though, so E100G or GX might be a better choice.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    nothing can match Agfa ultra 50 that film was special hehehe!!!!!!! UC 100 and UC 400 are not going to give you a similar effect.their nice but they are not agfa ultra 50
    RKmiec how many rolls of the agfa 50 do you need? if you are willing to purchase from a lab in australia Im stocked up on the stuff, its been in deep freeze since the day it was bought directly from the distributor in this country. The expiry date on it is 2002.

Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Apart from cross processing, why not just rate either the Fuji 160 or Kodak 160 print films at 100 or so. Or is that not extreme enough?
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Depends on what effect you are after. Martin Parr for some of his documentary work uses the cheapest, nastiest colour film he can find, usually bargain basement Kodak's, because it has such bright colours.

Cheers, Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin